1.4 petrol

AlanA2

A2OC Donor
Ive read a few posts re flat spots on the 1.6, but has there ever been a problem with the 1.4.
When driving and accelerating appears to be what I could describe has a hiccup. When you drive it hard it dosn't appear. It dosn't happen all the time, and starting to think is it my imagination.

Cheers
Alan

Alan I have on going problem with my 1.6fsi (see post in diagnostics section of this forum.) There are no fault codes thrown up, I run on V power, and just don't want to book it to Audi with a blank cheque!!!!! But it's lookin like thats what is going to have to happen.

I read that post but dosn't appear to be any previous reports on the 1.4. But going to try the basics before I allow Audi to have a look.

Yet another problem as well, panel next to glove box fell off and display on stereo not working properly. But still love it:)

Hi Alan
Would a faulty throttle potentiometer give this problem? I'm not sure how the resistance varies with throttle position but if its possible to have a 'bad' sector, this would fit in with the hiccup on gentle use of the pedal versus no problem when the pedal is 'floored'
See link for the experiences of a club member from another forum with problems on inital acceleration. http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44185
The interesting bit is thie problem did not flash up any fault codes

Cheers Spike

Cheers spike, will read through it again, also been looking on Clublupo but nothing so far. Ive only noticed this since an oil and filter change, used Castrol edge, but cant see how this would be a problem.

Now that is really interesting - anyone any idea how i could use vagcom to monitor it on a drive around and see how the potentiometer performs????

Hi just to add to this thread I have a 1.4 petrol and following the earlier comments on lag etc I tried mine (1.4 on a Y plate 50,000 miles) and it responds as you would expect eg revs rise quickly. In my naivity I didnt realise it was an electronic throttle since as a user it just seems normal.
All the best sorting it out I hope you get it right for you.

Steve

Well, the journey into work approx 30miles car appeared to have the flat spot whilst accelerating normally, watched rev counter, no noticable difference.

On journey home, didn't notice anything.....Im beat, local garage checked codes not a thing shown.

Alan

mine was doing the same, a friend has a diagnostic tool and it showed there was a missfire on cylinder one, i'm hoping it's a plug or coil? both seem an easy fix, will update shortly.
my friend is based in luton and could plug you in to the reader and check for any faults? for a drink? if you want more help.

Cheers for that, Im going to change the plugs on Monday......Halfrauds trying to sell me bosch plugs, but not well thought of on Clublupo.

Back