1.4 sport mpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my wife and daughter to S.Wales, a 140 miles trip each way.
Going out : C/C all the way, the car did 51.5 mpg
Coming back : on my own, no C/C 55.8 mpg
All driving sensibly at 65-70 mph
This is very close to the official figure of 60mpg.

The official COMBINED figure for the diesel is 80+. I don't know anyone who has got close!
55 - 60? Close?
Trading standards are to inspect the govt way of representing fuel consumption as it is flwed - allegedly!
No, really?

The combined figure for the 1.4 petrol is 46 mpg. 60 is the extra urban which is virtually impossible to achieve. I have achieved 55 mpg in my 1.4 based on fuel pump/odometer calculations. Just to check was the the DIS display or calculated from fuel bills as DIS can be optomistic.

Phil

You must be very skillful at using just enough throttle, I thought I had done some careful runs but pipped by 0.8 MPG. I will have to have another go on my next run.

Phil

Just returned from Bath to Burton on Trent in my nicely run in (33k miles) 1.4 TDI SE. Road works everywhere on the motorway and holiday traffic kept speed between 50 mph and 60 mph. 140 miles later I was home - average mpg on DIS 85.5mpg. I know DIS can be optimistic on mpg but a recent full tank to full tank check was only 5% out. Anyway I'm still well pleased. Previous best (again on DIS) was 79.9 mpg on trip to Aberystwyth. I have no problem exceeding 60mpg at 70mph on long runs.

John (& Mary) Imber 2003 1.4TDI SE, metallic silver, open sky, black leather /alcantara, Bose, ECC, DIS, Winter pack, mud flaps

Had average of 103mpg over a 30 mile trip, thats ny record - but it was hard work ;)

After refueling (42litres!) the range was 900m+!

Ricardo - 1.4TDi Sport

I managed 65mpg on my 500 mile motorway trip this w/e. Which I was very happy with considering the engine is new and should improve with some running-in.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Maersk, the combined figure for the diesel is 65+, which is exactly what I get.
Urban 50 mpg, extra-urban 80, and indeed it is possible to achieve it if you drive 50mph in
fifth, alone, aircon off.
My best ever (average over a tankful) is 73 mpg.

Werner
2001 1.4 TDI 75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back