1.4 sport

Just purchased this little A2 after 400 mile round trip to Wales! Has all the common issues !
Water in the boot where do i get the seals from or do i use instant gasket?
Missfire so will replace the stick coils but I've read not to use cheap one,what make is recommended?
Switches are worn and I've spotted on Ebay some stickers to go over the original climate control buttons are these any good?
Petrol cap is opened by prising the cap open! Which previous owner failed to mention! Im guessing the switch for the cap release was on the drivers side where there is a little square switch missing?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1481499905369.jpg
    FB_IMG_1481499905369.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 228
Hello,

Original from the dealer. Stick them in with Sikaflex or so.
Originals work best.
Don't ask me, I have an original...you can replace with A4 buttons.
There is a release on the inside of teh boot if you take the light access panel out. Otherwise someone has probably managed to damage teh solenoid. The switch is on the B-Pillar on the driver's side, and the dealer is the best source for a replacement as virtually all others will be worn.

- Bret

Just purchased this little A2 after 400 mile round trip to Wales! Has all the common issues !
Water in the boot where do i get the seals from or do i use instant gasket?
Missfire so will replace the stick coils but I've read not to use cheap one,what make is recommended?
Switches are worn and I've spotted on Ebay some stickers to go over the original climate control buttons are these any good?
Petrol cap is opened by prising the cap open! Which previous owner failed to mention! Im guessing the switch for the cap release was on the drivers side where there is a little square switch missing?

Before you go to the dealers and buy a new petrol flap opening switch check that when all the doors are closed the graphic on the dash shows that the doors are closed e.g. no little red open door symbol and then when the drivers door is opened the dash shows the red open door symbol.
In particular the drivers door is important, if the dash report the drivers door to be closed when it is actually open then even replacing the fuel flap open button will not allow the flap to be opened.
Audi in there wisdom interlocked the two circuits, so the fuel flap will only open if the car reports the drivers door as being open AND the fuel unlock switch is pressed (somewhat strange think to do as it is impossible to press the fuel open switch with the drivers door closed).
Ask me how I know - I found out the hard way :)
As the for the stickers for the switches, they look almost as bad as the worn switches after a few months when they start to peel at the edges
As per Bret's post there is always the option to open the fuel flap via the light bulb access panel in the RH corner of the boot

Welcome to the forum.

Purchasing a climate unit from an Audi A4 b5 is a far better option and then swap the buttons over.

There is a how-to guide in the how-to section on how to do this. Its not a hard job.

Thanks for the replies. Looked on Eurocarparts and they list Bosch Haas VM and Bougicord? Coils which would be recommended?

Thankyou.Today i cleaned the throttle body and fitted new air filter. Whilst cleaning out the boot found a GENUINE coil :D first i will change the fuel filter,oil/filter and plugs

Surprise surprise,i bought a 1.4 sport a couple months ago which went onto develop a misfire after a couple weeks. For what it's worth just buy new Audi ones,i paid £133 for all 4. I also own an 1996 S6 I5 turbo.To replace these from Audi is £160 each so £800 for 5:eek:

Since my last post I have done the following
Oil and filters
Plugs and Audi coils
Changed climate control buttons
Less than 2k ago it had new clutch/ cables, thermostat housing and battery and I have a bill for nearly £1000 from previous owner. My question is there anyway of checking Cambelt as they said it had been changed but no recipts

Thanks in Advance!

Back