1.4 Tdi squeaking when first pulling away

sunsurfer

An odd noise has started. Our 75hp Tdi makes strange squeaking noises when first pulling away after the car is started. It doesn't seem to do it after that. Anyone know what this is and whether I need to be concerned.
Thanks

An odd noise has started. Our 75hp Tdi makes strange squeaking noises when first pulling away after the car is started. It doesn't seem to do it after that. Anyone know what this is and whether I need to be concerned.
Thanks
It would be good to check the various heat shields under the car to see if they are loose. I recently had a squeak which only happened when driving above 40mph or so. It was my heat shield over the exhaust back box which had worked loose. It is now secured again and the noise has disappeared.

Where is the squeak roughly located? I had a squeak on starting which turned out to be a rear brake shoe which had cracked and was sticking on in contact slightly to start off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the squeak roughly located? I had a squeak on starting which turned out to be a rear brake shoe which had cracked and was sticking on in contact slightly to start off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm... not sure but some good suggestions from everybody and I will get the garage to check brake shoes as I don't want that to dissolve on a long journey

Back