1.4TDI - 55kW - 01 - stood 3 weeks, motor does not start!

Semjon

Hello
My beauty was working excellent prior to my vacation. It was standing 3 weeks, and was closed with a key, and not the remote.
When I tried to start it this morning, it looks like battery ran flat during those three weeks, and alarm locked immobilizer.

Car unlocked without problem, but when I tried to start it - only right half (where the speed meter is) of light turned on. Left showed no signs of life, and the screen
in the center did not show not a single symbol.
When I start it - it tries to fire the engine up, but cuts it off after a 2-3 seconds. Also, fuel tank indicator is not responding (we have put 3 gallons in, just to be sure the tank is not empty) - it shows constantly 0.
Than we checked CCU, all fuses, all possible wire and if water was in any of the compartments, charged battery (tried to disconnect it as well) and tried to resync both of the keys.
To me it looks like immobilizer is stuck, and engine is not getting any petrol, and is not receiving any commands from the central console (we also dismounted that, but there were no visible damage to that).
Also, conditioning/heater is not lighting up. No buttons work on it, and no signs of life.

Prior to that, car worked like a Swiss watch - no problems whatsoever.
We have run out of ideas where to look, and what to do.

Tomorrow car will be towed away to a mechanics that have diagnostic equipment. But we will be able to do something to it, if there are suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

I would start by removing the battery from the car and putting it on charge until it is full, or you could use another battery that you know is working.
Turn on the ignition, THEN connect the battery. Turn ignition off and then start the car - hopefully all will be ok.
If that does not solve your problem, then you will have to do a diagnostic scan to see what is affected, but again - do the scan with a full battery.
Let us know how you get along.

blue skies
tony

You could have a faulty battery, you may have charged it bit if it has "died" it could still be flat. turn the ignition on, then headlights, hopefully they are bright, if they are turn the key to try and start the car, do the headlights dim ? if they do i would try another battery.

Back