1.6 FSI Coil Pack & Plug Replacement, How To Please!

PlasticMac

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
Hi,
My 1.6 FSI is due for a spark plug change. Two of the coil packs have been replaced, (by previous owner) with Bosch units, while the other two are original. While I'm doing the plugs, I'll replace the old coil packs with new Bosch ones. I've searched, on here, and on Google, but can't find anything that shows me clearly how to remove the coil packs. I understand a puller is a good idea, but can't see how it would fit.
A step by step is what I'm looking for, with pics, if possible
For example, do I unplug the connector first, if so, how does the latch release, and how do I get to the latch on the near side cylinder?
Thanks in advance for your advice. Have a good weekend. Mac.

The latch is pretty much the standard VAG design. The key is to push in, then press the little catch. They show it in the video above.

The latch is pretty much the standard VAG design. The key is to push in, then press the little catch. They show it in the video above.

Cheers. Is the screwdriver leverage OK, no mention of a puller? I did this on my 1.8 Mk1 TT, used a large-ish Allen key, but access was much easier, more space!

He makes it look easy, we'll see, when the rain stops ...

Regards Mac.

Hi,
All done and dusted. (Apart from hot air problem, see separate thread).
Two of the plugs had carbon right up the thread, so, probably not tight (last change was about 20,000 mls ago).
Runs much more smoothly than before, and torque at low revs much better too.
Mac.

Back