1.6 fsi coolent pipe

NinjaA2

Right I am having ago at this and this is how far I have got 20170128_153030.jpg

So my question is how much do I have to tilt the engine to get the inlet manifold off? It's all undone and the manifold won't move cause it needs more room
20170128_153007.jpg20170128_153001.jpg20170128_153016.jpg20170128_153025.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I am so close to getting to this pipe and it has been a real pain in the arse so I only want to do this once lol
Anyone also have part numbers for pipe and thermostat housing might aswell do the lot

Thanxs Steve does anyone know if I undo engine mounts I will get the inlet out?

Want get this out tomorrow so I can start ordering bits

I didn't do mine but i know the mechanic removed the dig bone under the engine this allows rotation to get more room. Hope that helps mike

Thanxs Steve does anyone know if I undo engine mounts I will get the inlet out?

Want get this out tomorrow so I can start ordering bits

I removed the upper and lower inlet manifold on an fsi last week. I undid the engine mount on the timing belt side and moved the engine forward a few inches. Had plenty of room then. I was doing it on a breaker, whether I'd do it to my pride and joy is a different matter.

I managed to get hold of an engine hoist tomorrow so gonna try get every room I can buy undoing everything I can, does the plastic pipe just push into water pump housing? Or it bolted in,
I will try get as many pics as can aswell in this

Reactions: chb
Is this right if replace that pipe then replace thermostat housing too? Cause that's a massive housing and looks expensive

I put a jack under the engine (with a chock of wood) and removed the 3 bolts from the left hand engine mount, then I could lower and pull the engine forward enough to get the inlet manifold off. Bit of a pain but in the end not too difficult.

Topsie how did u get on with the pipes and stuff behind the inlet manifold as they don't have normal clips on them? I have all mine off now just trying to source the parts to re fit it all, trying do find decent price for the pipe and housing don't want but cheap **** on eBay that will break 2 mins down road.

Also what's best way to bleed the system on the 1.6 fsi and how much coolent they take

Where did people buy there's from he hose and thermostat housing audi wand 209 plus vat

Where did people buy there's from he hose and thermostat housing audi wand 209 plus vat

I sold a thermostat housing last week for £45 but have no others available. Its worth members asking me if they need something because i've built up quite a load of parts now.

Right I have brand new housing with pipe and thermostat, my question is the bit that goes into water pump does that just push in

Right I have the pipe and housing off, the pipe has a tiny hair line crack where the audi part no is can't belive it was leaking from there,
The housing came off ok but so brittle couple pipes snapped off

Glad I got my old company to look into this for me, they managed to get me housing and pipe complete with thermostat and sensors and it's oem just had the audi numbers scratch out,

Now put her back geva

Back