1.6 FSi Sport front spring

damadgeruk

A2OC Donor
Much like the rest of the UK the roads around home have claimed another victim. My wifes' front o/s spring has broken. Garage suggested it's a 6Q0411105AC though another thread suggests not. Can anyone please confirm the part no for 2003 1.6FSi Sport front o/s spring?
Also, any good garage suggestions in Lanarkshire?
Thanks, Dave

Do you have Air Con? Sometimes that can require a different spring due to the extra weight...

Hi I have a pair of 1.6FSI SE springs from my 2003 car.
Yours for £20 plus post.
Unless you can collect from Leeds, in which case you can have the dampers and stops too for £20.

sorryjust read that yours are sport.
The SE ones are a better ride, so a pair might be of use to you.

That's a shame. I'd be tempted to get rid of the Sports suspension as I find it unpleasant (particularly because our roads are so potholed) though my wife likes it. I don't imagine it is safe or advisable to have front and back setups different.
Colour code on n/s is red, red, blue, blue, blue. Can anyone turn that into a part number?
Many thanks, Dave

The spring part no is 6QO 411 105 AD
If you want to check more parts try Vagcat - its free to join - http://www.vagcat.com/epc/

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike, tried the website you suggested though getting a blank page on FF and IE8.

I did stop in to my local (Skoda) dealer and get the part though they suggested 6Q0411105AC for the colour code I gave (Red, red, blue, blue, blue) and the spring is correct.
Thanks for all your help.
Dave.

If you want to try claiming off the council for pothole damage, I saw this site on the news yesterday www.potholes.co.uk

My wife shredded two tyres, broke the coil spring and knackered the shock absorber (nothing like doing damage in style) after hitting a series of potholes in January. It's now June - and we're still waiting on the outcome of our claim against the council!

Did the job myself - if anyone needs guidance on replacing the strut and spring.

Thanks Spike, tried the website you suggested though getting a blank page on FF and IE8.

I did stop in to my local (Skoda) dealer and get the part though they suggested 6Q0411105AC for the colour code I gave (Red, red, blue, blue, blue) and the spring is correct.
Thanks for all your help.
Dave.

Hi Dave
Looks like they have pulled the plug on Vagcat as a couple of other owners clubs have commented on its demise.
Sorry about the spring p/n. When I looked back at the parts info, I had checked the colour code correctly....... then copied the next p/n down. I don't really like providing numbers for this reason

Cheers Spike

No worries Spike, whilst I'm always gratefull of assistance I got the parts guy to verify such that the ball was in his court in case of any issues. Just noticed my locking wheel adapter is missing(must have gone AWOL when car was in for repair). Anyone got any suggestions for a cheap supplier of 14 spline, ABC3 type adapter?
Car is booked in for spring swap tomorrow, I'll post costs if anyone is interested.
Thanks again,
Dave

Hi Dave

We've had a broken sports spring this week so interested in the cost of your part plus labour and was just one replaced or both front?

Also if anyone can link me to a how to guide i'd appreciate it to see if it's a job I can DIY.

Thanks
Phil

Hi Dave

Also if anyone can link me to a how to guide i'd appreciate it to see if it's a job I can DIY.

Thanks
Phil

Hi Phil
This (German) guide with pics may help. The passenger side front spring is the less difficult to replace as the drivers side normally requires the brake fluid reservoir to be moved for access. (Pipes can be left in place so no need to drain the fluid)
Suspension settings aren't disturbed so wheel alignment check is not needed after fitting spring.
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2978&d=1236198218

This thread may also help - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12587&highlight=front+spring

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Hi Dave

We've had a broken sports spring this week so interested in the cost of your part plus labour and was just one replaced or both front?

Thanks
Phil

Hi, part cost £54.90 (from local Skoda dealer) and fitting was £65+vat for o/s. Decided just to do the one just now, car driven so little.

Thanks both, appreciate the help.

Just pleased to have found the source of the rattle more than anything. :)

Back