1.6 FSI Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jono

Can anyone give me some advice. Picked up my A2 on Wednesday and love it bar a tendency for it to be reluctant to pull away cleanly. It feels like it doesent get all the power down initially and then suddenly it will pull away. Any thoughts before I go back to the dealer.
Also, what is the official CO2 rating and exact engine capacity of the 1.6 FSI Sport model?
Be really grateful for some feedback....
Jono

Hi Jono,

Welcome to the forum. I haven't driven the 1.6FSI, however it doesn't sound right. If you had the 1.4Tdi then I could confirm it is a bit sluggish off the mark, however the FSI shouldn't be. I'm sure a 1.6FSI owner will reply soon enough.

Kaine

hey dude...

i got a 1.6fsi and yeah...

it could be seen as a bit sluggish off the starting blocks unless you drive it a bit more aggressively...

if you give it a bit o' welly you get that sort of boost quicker...

there is a sweet spot in second and 3rd gear that is pretty cool.... you just gotta rev it higher...

i have done starts out of second gear....

so, in a nutshell, if you drive it in a sporty fashion you should have fun and enjoy the performance but if you don't push it you get normal city driving performance...

i was wondering if because of the FSI technology that the engine behaves differently than a normal petrol engine....

-gerard

2003 1.6 SE FSI Cobalt Blue & 1968 Dodge Charger

Yes guys, you got it in one. To achieve better fuel ecomomy you only et limited power at low revs, you have to rev it to get it all - there is an earlier thread, possibly archived, that covered this.

There is also some information on one of the Audi web-sites, will try to find it again sometime.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Hi,

I have a 1.6fsi sport and it does the same....

I believe its to do with the 'fly-by' throttle system it has...basically its electronically controls the amount of pressure on it and the ECU controls the amount of fuel it injects...

Also, switching the climate control to ECO or off makes a huge difference.

Thanks guys

What the general feeling on the Sport Susupension. I have been fortunate to drive the 1.4 std, 1.4 Tdi SEand FSI Sport and think the best set up is SE spec with 17 inch wheels.
Incidently, dealers responese to power surge was possible faulty ECU or not using premium unleaded. Doesn't say anything about super unleaded in the manual. But then my manual doesn't cover the 1.6 FSI!

Jono

Check out article titled "Lack of guts" in the forum.

Read the article at "http://www.audiworld.com/news/02/geneva/a2/content.shtml"...

700km out of a tank??? From 4740 miles in 2.5 months I am averaging 446 kilometers from 36 litres used per tank between fills - not quite sure how I get the extra 252km from 6 litres?

To get the MPG figures they quote the car would have to be driven without air-con on and a very very light foot - on a flat road... Maybe slightly downhill... with a tailwind...

Using cruise at 80 on the motorway I get about 36 - 37 MPG shown in the DIS.

The 1.6 Sport is good fun... just keep the revs up.

Cheers
Rod

ye give it some throtle and it'll respond, it's a bit of a split personality!

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

Jono
Welcome.

What fuel are you using-regular unleaded?. Try a drop of Shell Optimax and see how you go.....

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Twice now been overtaken with effortless ease by different Peugeot 206CC's whilst accelerating hard in intermediate gears. From which I get the feeling that it (the Audi)is a more sedate car and maybe should be driven more with the eye to fuel economy. Not that I drive agressively you understand, but occasionally curiosity gets the better of me when conditions are favourable and regulations permit.
Having briefly tried a TDi, I feel there is a lot more mid range grunt there.
Oh, and always use Optimax.

mw

MW

Don't feel too upset - the 2 litre CC has 136 BHP and a sub 9sec 0-60 time. My wife thinks our A2 is slow and boring - it replaced a 2.0 206CC.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Ian
But not many 206 CC's can go that fast when their metal roofs fail and get stuck in the mid-way position;);)

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

I agree the FSi is a bit poor, does get a tad better the looser the engine gets. I've also tried optimax but can't work out if there was any improvment as the engine is designed for low octane fuel.

As mentioned revs are the recipe for a better getaway but i feel Audi have desgined the 1.6 to be frugal and one of the trade offs is in the acceleration

Exact engine capacity can't be given as pi is an irrational number. However, correct to 12 significant figures it's 1597.69000925 cubic centimetres.
The bore and stroke is 76.5mm by 86.9mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back