1.6 FSI unusual noises around 2000rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
Hello,

I have a 10 day old 1.6 FSI (300 miles on the clock). Apart from the various trim rattles that I am slowly getting resolved - I was reasonably happy. However, the engine has started making a kind of 'diesel' noise (i.e. the engine note becomes gruff and rattley) when accelerating between 2000 and 3000 rpm. This has only started happening this evening. Could this be something to do with the FSI system? It is not too irritating yet, but if it continues, then I guess I will go back to the dealer yet again.

Mine now has 4000m on the clock. Bought a dealer demo at 3400m.
Don't get any harshness at all. Growls a bit on flooring the accelerator in 3rd or 4th. Engine also
"rattles" for first few seconds when started, but so does the same (basically) engine in my VW Lupo GTi and that's done 28000 in 18 months with no problems.

2002 FSi SE, Ebony Black with Red Nappa Leather, Tinted Security Glass

ye same here, it starts up like a diesel, then hums along, then booms a little at 60-70mph when I floor it. The technology used is very simular to a diesel so some of the behaviour is diesel like, but then when you drive tdi you appreciate hoe quiet the FSI is!

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back