1.6 FSI - What Fuel

Hi can anyone share experiences about what fuel to use with the 1.6 FSI? is it best to use higher prices optimax type fuel? or just regular 95octane?

thanks

Audi recommend that the FSI runs on low sulphar fuel to get the best out of the engine and the FSI system, I use tesco 99ron and it has a big effect on how the car runs and drives, I don't skimp on fuel (its only a couple of pence a litre more for the super unleaded).

For normal cars it probably doesn't make much difference, but try running on normal petrol for a couple of tanks, then swap to optimax or if you have it tesco 99ron, it will take a couple of tanks to get used the fuel, I swapped from BP ultimate to optimax and the car felt smoother, and much quicker, and i've just started to use tesco 99ron, only doen about 60 miles so far, but it feels even better than optimax, and its cheaper! You'll proabaly get a couple of extra mpg's with the optimax/99ron/ultimate too.

try it and see...

Last edited:
Hi,

I use Optimax in my FSI and get around 10% better mpg than from 95 octane in mixed driving. The performance seems a little sharper too.

optimax

I definitely notice better performance with Optimax. Try to use it all the time, but I would give the Tesco 99RON stuff a try in the future.
I return 3-4 mpg more with Optimax than regular unleaded.

Back