1.6 fsi which head bolt removal tool?

I'm buying an fsi engine from Sarge to play with but need to remove the head from the block to make it easier to manhandle and get it home.I did a search on here but couldn't find the information needed.

Question is;

Has anyone on here the correct knowledge as to what the correct head bolt removal tool is ?

Normally taking heads of as an enthusiast has been easy for me in the past but recently i found out when removing heads from a 30v 2.8 ACK engine the head bolts tool was called "Riba" and my normal spline set were no good.So in order to make the one hassle free trip i need to know the correct tool. Thanks.

That would be true Steve but i'm not going to be strong enough to physically lift the complete lump up bare hands and into a car on my own, hence the need to separate. Apparently everything else has been removed it's just a bare engine so an easy job just a few bolts and remove. :)

I would have thought you know what the correct tool is?

That's why I suggested the hoist. I only ever remove the engine as a complete unit, normally with gearbox as well. Quickest way ;-)

I agree with you mate especially for breaking, however i'd be pulling the head off anyway for some funky smoothing and valve bowl improvements anyway so it makes sense for me. :)

I've looked on the net also and nothing comes up on a head bolt removal tool that can be relied on. How difficult can it be? :rolleyes: If it was a spline or a Ribe/priba tool i'd have it covered!

Anyone know what tool is need who's done a head removal on one of these?

Parts catalogue says for the fsi 'socket head bolt with inner multipoint head'. All the bolts on cylinder head of the tdi are 3 square also called 12-point.

If you do go for the 12 point get a set that includes long reach as again on the tdi for some bolts you need the long reach.

Simon.

Back