119 BHP from 1.4 TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jon.od

Over on www.seatenthusiasts.co.uk there is a guy who has 1.4 Aosa TDI
and it has made 119 Bhp on the rollers with a Superchip, Induction kit & De-catted exhaust. Just in the process of teasing out performance times from him.

Looks like a challenge to get 120BHP out of the engine. Although i am dubious of longevity and clutch life.

Brings up an intersting question of how many mechanical parts the cars share, i.e brakes.

Has just come to me aswell does your service have to be carried out by an audi dealer or a VAG group dealer as Seat must have a lower labour charge per hour?

So many questions?

Is the 119BHP from the standard 75BHP engine, or the lastest 90BHP model?

I've heard that de-catted petrol owners have to put the Cat back on at MOT time to pass the emissions test. Don't know about the diesel one though.

I don't think there is much to gain without a Cat, as VW can get 160BHP from their top-of-the-range 2.0 litre turbo diesel with one on.

Yes i don`t think the de cat is worth the agro as the exhaust only adds a claimed 6BHP, considering a £250 un dectable chip can raise the power to 110Bhp the exhaust seems unecessary on what is after all a 1.4 TDI, Having said this i may well have a serious lok at the air filter.

It was from a standard 75 Bhp lump

Hello,

I have tried the SuperChip on my A2 1.4TDi (75BHP), and performed dyno test on a roller that is realistic. The SuperChip curves for the torque and BHP is really only a dream. You do not get 108BHP out of the SuperChip as they claim. So, if this guys calculation for the BHP is based upon the 108BHP from SuperChip and 6BHP from the cat removal, and a few more BHP from the induction kit, then I must bring you down to earth again. If you are lucky, you will get around 94-95BHP with the SuperChip, thus the real number for this Arosa-owner should be around 100BHP plus something for the induction kit.

You should be aware of that the gearbox only allow for 250NM (=184 lb/ft) according to the Audi original documentation.

I have 100BHP and 230NM (=169.6 lb/ft), which are more down to earth figures.

Rune K.
Audi A2RS

I understand what you are saying but this car has been rolling roaded and it is a proven 119 BHP as some of my friends from the site all vouch for his credentials it achieved the power figure at a club rolling road day.

Perhaps the chips do not give consistent power gains. I know that the upsolute one has a broad range of about 10 BHP.

I also have the Superchip (quoted at 108bhp) It was put in 6 months ago.
Although the increase in power is noticeable, I had expected much more!!

audi_a2rs... Is your 100bhp from superchips or have you tried an alternative upgrade?

A2 1.4TDI SE - 108 BHP - Pine Green Pearlescent | Climate | Front Centre Armrest
TTC 225- Denim Blue with Blue Leather 6CD & Bose

When Audi say 75bhp they are probably being pessimistic. When the chipping companies say 108bhp they are probably being optimistic. In reality the difference in power is probably much closer than it would seem.

I can not speak for others but I watched mine be done on a rolling road and no matter what the figures say, two up, this chipped up baby can and does give the new A3 2.0 tdi a seriously good spanking and makes the A4 1.8T wonder what has happened.

There must many Audi drivers out there at the moment asking their Audi dealers about the spec of what they think is a standard A2.

This weekend, being a bit of a naughty boy with a mission, I did a 210 mile trip in 150mins and averaged 55/gal and that is pump to pump readings.

There is considerable variation in engines, Diesel Car recently reported on chipped Mondeo 2.0TDCI 130 which actually had over 148bhp BEFORE they put the chip in, article detailed before and after power and torque. The Arosa may have started out at the high side.

Ian

See http://www.dieselcar.com/ and look under tuning articles.

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Hi,

My chip is custom made, and the tuner company (that also sell Superchips) said it was hard to get more than the 100BHP I got. There are physical limits within the diesel pump system and the amount of pressure you can make from the small turbo we have on the A2 1.4TDI and other factors that influence on the BHP added.

The measurements of power are dependent on the dyno test, and there are optimistic and pessimistic dyno testers out there.

However, jon.od brings up an interesting point: What parts are shared between Seat Arosa/Ibiza etc. or VW Lupo/Polo and the A2 ?
I would like to upgrade the front brakes to something bigger, and there are none (according to my search) that offers an upgrade kit for this (looking at Brembo or EBC). I guess we need to look for Polo break pads/calipers etc. ?

audi a2rs, for the front brakes, i ask to Tar-ox ( www.tarox.com ) for Audi A2....they don'thave an upgrade kit, because the brakes of A2 are the same on VW golf III, so the don't have nothing....i ask even for a personal upgrade for my A2, the reply that the have to analized my car, with the '17, and maybe the are able to upgrade my brakes with the S3 one, they change evreting....the thnk to put a 6 pot clipper brakin sistem with discs of 310 mm.....the cost is very expensive, around 1500 euro......now i'm waitig the respons if i can do this upgrade.....

wiz_22222.JPG

AM NEW ON DIS SITE A GOT A 1.4 TDI SPORT AT 75 BHP AN A WANT MORE BHP THE BODY FANTASTIC SOME1 REPLY N TELL ME HOW 2 GET MORE

AZAM

ok, a got standard engine 1.4 tdi amulet red with black cloth audi stage 1 bodykit 17" tt alloys and 2 fast 2 furious stripes standard audi symphony n 2 gettin 2 of the new vibe linited edition subs

AZAM

were can i get a superchip from i have looked every were in scotland and not found 1 cud audi a2rs tell me were u got urs from

AZAM

i bran new boss let me take some pics of my car tomorow and i will send it to u safe thanks

AZAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back