17 inch Alloys From a TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all[24]

My wife is thinking of purchasing a A2 1.4 tdi se, i have a TT with a spare set of the OEM TT 6 spoke 17in wheels in my shed.

I just wondered if anyone has fitted these wheels on there A2 and if there any spacers etc or any issues concering clearence of the wheel.?

Thanks [8D][33]

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the Forum.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question!

However, if your wife is thinking about a 1.4 tdi, I would say go for a 90bhp engine.

My wife has had her A2 90bhp Sport for about a month now and is very pleased with it.

We tried a 75bhp diesel - not much power and very noisy!!

Good luck in your search.

Trebor

A2 1.4 TDI 90bhp Sport, 2004, Cobalt Blue, Climate Control, DIS, Sport seats, Body Kit

From memory, was told that TT alloys could'nt be fitted due to the offset. I believe the TT has an offset of '32', whereas the A2 is '38'. The thing is though, I cannot remember if this means that it sticks too far into the wheel arch or projects too far out. My very helpfull Audi dealer explained that by using spacers, it would affect the suspension geometry, and they definately would not recommend.

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

they might well fit. the parabol in 7.5 x17 are okay as the ET is 31; i have 7.5 x 17 with ET 35 on and they don't rub. You will however need a new set of tyres... 205 or 215/40 R17 are the usual choice. the wheels themselves will either have a partnumber or the size and offset etched in.
if they are 8N0 601 025 AA then they're 7.5x17 and ET32 and should work fine with 215/40 for more kerbing protection ;) - or at least that's what at least one german club member has on. me, i have 215/40 on 7.5 x17 ET 35 and it's also fine. Tyres are Kumho, Nokian or Pirelli, depending whose car you look at. I also know of one guy using toyo 215s and another using 215 nokian z's on 9 spoke s-line wheels...

Bret

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
2002, Petrol 1.4, 17" 215/40 summer, 185/55R15 spiked winter, OpenSky, leather / alcantara in iceblue; added by me: cruise, LEDs in the doors and mirrors; Ambient lighting, Day-Driving lights, Fogs, Comet FF200s... coming soon: heated seats and MFwheel, TT Tacho and pointers, Xenon... and more. http://www.a2-freun.de/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=61
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Hi i brought a set of TT alloys ( the same as yours) for my A2 put them on fitted ok but stuck out from the arch a bit to much for me looked A1 apart from that

02 Reg A2 silver beige leather trim 1.4 tdi

Ok guys thanks !!
TBH we have not fitted the tt wheels , as i think the 16's it came with look great anyway !!

Happy A2ing to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back