19" on my A2 installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very very nice, are they a straight swap.
Also note the suspension drop or is that standard now the larger wheels are on.
Also like the rear spoiler, what mfr makes that ??

03 A2 1.4 TDI Sport (75), Ebony Black, BOSE, and child seat

Hello,

I do not have an upgraded suspension yet. I have plans for the KW adjustable kit, but to be honest there is not that much room for wheel movement up/down when the 19"'s are on.

The rear spoiler is made by ProjektZwo.

Rune K.
Audi A2RS

..sorry I forgot:

Yes, it is a straight swap. You will need 3mm spacers on the rear axle to avoid contact on the backside of the right wheel. On the left side, there is enough space, but of course you should have the spacer there as well.

Rune K.

Audi A2RS

I believe it was ET=38, while the original was 42 (or other way around). I had the original RS4 alus before, and they were ET=38.

Rune K.

Audi A2RS

They fill the wheel arches very nicely indeed.
Whats the ride/roadholding like?

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

More to the point how much full lock have you lost as i remeber when we tried 18"s on mine the lock was awful

A2 TDI Sport Gone but Not Forgotten.

A3 TDI DSG, What do i do with my left arm and leg now ?

wow that looks really good,
i was going to get 18's before but was told it only goes to 17's.
can you give all the sizes required please for 18" wheels.

I was going to buy some online but not sure if they would fit, here are the details. can anyone help please:

set of (4) 18" X 7.5 Alloys in Black Chrome.

Fitments available

5-(120) & (114.3) ET 40

4- (114.3) & (100) ET 40

5-(100) & (114.3) ET 40

Fit the following

AUDI A3,TT,BMW (E36,E46,Z3),NEON,VOYAGER,DAEWOO,HONDA,DAIHATSU,KIA,FORD PROBE,HYUNDAI,LEXUS.

MAZDA (323.DEMIO,MX3,MX5,626,RX7),

MITSUBISHI (CARISMA,COLT,LANCER,GALANT,SPACE WAGON,SPACE RUNNER),NISSAN ( 100NX,200SX,300ZX, BLUEBIRD, PRAIRIE,PRIMERA,MAXIMA,SERENA) PROTON,RENAULT (CLIO,MEGANE,LAGUNA,R19,R21& ESPACE),ROVER (200,400,25,45,75,600& 800), SEAT (AROSA,IBIZA,INCA,TOLEDA & GTI) SKODA (FELICIA,FAVORIT & OCTAVIA),SUBARU (JUSTY& VIVIO )SUZUKI (BALENO,ALTO SEDAN & SWIFT),TOYOTA (COROLLA,MR2,PASEO,STARLET,YARIS, AVENSIS,CAMRY,CARINA,CELICA,CORONA,SUPRA & PICNIC ) VAUXHALL (AGILA,ASTRA MK2,MK3,CALIBRA,CAVALIER,VECTRA,CORSA & NOVA) VOLKSWAGEN (CORRADO,GOLF,LUPO,JETTA,PASSAT,POLO,VENTO,BEETLE(NEW),BORA, GOLF MK3 GTI & GOLF MK4), VOLVO (340,360,440,480,T4,S40,& V40)

It does not mention A2 above because its not a common car so will the wheel mentioned above fit?

Black 2001 A2 with 16" 6 spoke, Open sky system, xenon lights, and concert single cd.
Tha Best

audi_a2rs,
from the pic it looks like you got the projectzwo dual exhaust kit, is this any good? what is your experience?
with the 19" wheels is the ride any bumpier or the same and do they grip the road well.
The tyres are very thin will these be wearing alot sooner than other tyres?

Black 2001 A2 with 16" 6 spoke, Open sky system, xenon lights, and concert single cd.
Tha Best

Dear IQ,

For the 8 x 18, it should not be a problem. I was also thinking about that size, but the dealer only had the 19" on stock....

You should be fine with 8 x 18, and from the list of cars where it fits, I think they fit straight on the A2.

For the dual exhaust kit, has worked fine for me. The only thing I am not satisfied about is the fact that the exhaust only come through the left pipe. The other one is a dummy, and gives access to the towing hook base. Therefore, I am goint to change the projectzwo to a different one. The projectzwo exhaust system is made by Remus, and it is only the small tails where it says projectzwo.

Now for the comfort, I did not buy the 19" to feel good while riding my car, but look good. It is the same as women and high heels on their shoes. It looks sexy, but I'm sure it is not very comfortable to wear.

I had some extra bump stops added on the rear suspension. Only a few times with some load in the back, I have felt the bump stops being reached. I guess it will be necessary to get some more stiff suspension (I'm still running on the sport springs). I plan to get the KW Gewinde Fahrwerke during the winter.

For the wearing of tires, it has nothing to do with the size. If you have the same tire make and model in different sizes, it will not be faster worn in a large size like 19" compared to 15". It is the rubber compound/material in the tires that decides how fast you will wear out the tires (and your driving style...). The speed grade (ZR, W, S etc.) is also a relatively good indicator of how fast the rubber will be worn, the faster the speed grade, the more soft the rubber is, and therefore you will be wearing them faster. I saw this very clearly on my other Audi (80 Avant -94), where I changed from Conti Sport Contact ZR to a lower speed grade. The new ones are far better, have lasted longer. Another thing that influences the wear is the tire pressure.

I have used the Dunlop Sport 9090 (same as 9000) on the 17" until now, and with some rough handling and a few burnouts, they are ready to be changed (used them for about 30000km).

For my new 19" rims I have an unkown make and model of tires, but in ZR speed grade. I believe my driving style is more cautious now, and that I will enjoy these 'cheap' tires for a long time (I hope).

So my friend, you must suffer a little bit for the looks.

Rune K.
Audi A2RS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back