2004 1.4 Tdi Lost Power !

GARY_470

Whilst driving today I hit a pigeon at about 50 mph. My 1st thought was Id damaged the bumper from the loud bang. When I stopped the bumper was okay , however when I drove off the car had lost loads of power and didnt pull very well , I can now hear the turbo whistle very loudly when its spinning up , it sounds like a pipe may have come off from somewhere but ive had a quick look and cant see anything. I had to go on the motorway and the car struggled at 60mph going up slight hills. All the garages had closed by the time I had got home. Has anyone experienced this or know what the problem may be.

Im new to the forum so Hello Everyone :)

I just checked the airbox and it seemed okay. I disconnected the pipe at the top so air didnt have to go through the air filter and it was still the same when I drove it down the road :confused: .

Could have knocked a pipe of the intercooler, or knocked a hole in the intercooler (Managed to blow an end tank off an intercooler on a turbo'd MG once, after fitting a home made bleed valve, same sort of symptoms. Superglued it back into position and used some metal tie wraps to hold it, plus reduced boost to 14Psi)

Found the problem today. The hose that connects to the turbo from the intercooler has split. Its been rubbing on the drive shaft and split , the pigeon must have hit it and moved the pipe against the driveshaft , Im glad because now I only need to buy a new rubber hose. Would it be best to order a new pipe from Audi or do Samco hoses make these hoses to fit. :D

Back