2004 A2OC Start of Year Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart_D

Past Member
2003 was a momentous year for the A2OC and one that firmly helped established itself as a serious car club having gained recognition by Audi Driver magazine as well as spreading the word through the club site to thousands of people on a weekly basis.

Even if Audi refuse to acknowledge our existence (despite knowing they regularly view the club site), 2004 will be even better for us! I have big plans for next year which are already in progress. In a nutshell, the plans for the overall club are as follows:

[35] Club Site
The Club site will remain as long as there are people interested in the Audi A2! Despite it's already enormous size, the club site still uses less than half of it's allocated server space and and so has plenty of space to grow still. There's a reason why over 1,000 people still visit this site every week, so please continue to send me all your photos, articles, news and tips and I will continue to add to the site.

[8D] Club Newsletter
It's coming, I promise!! All the material is ready, as soon as I can find some time to pull it all together, the second newsletter will be published and available - hopefully before the end of this year. The newsletter will be made available to paid up members initially only.

[13] Competitions
Competitions have been notoriously unpopular at the A2OC! The last competition I ran had only one or two entrants and so as a result of this, I will not be looking to run any new competitions during 2004.

;) Discounts
Companies are still approaching the A2OC with offers of discounts. The latest to join is e-tyres offering A2OC members a 5% discount off all new tyre/fitting and batteries. I can only secure future discounts with companies if it results in some business for them; so please, if shopping around for a new product for your car, please also review the members marketplace forum section.

[4] Forum
The forum is here to stay! For the that reason I am still striving to make it a more stable environment. The recent technical problems have given me doubts about the current hosts and so I will be aiming to move the forum to a new host early in the new year. This move may of course result in some brief downtime, but the outcome will be worth it for the future.

[24] Social Events
2003 saw the A2OC having 3 major club meets + one very small on this weekend just gone. I'd like to have at least 2 next year but make them bigger and better!

First of all, I'd like a Northern England event as so far everything has been south of Birmingham

Secondly, Audi Driver International will again be taking place in October 2004. This year I organised it very late in the day and so there were one 8 of us. I would love to see 20 A2s at next years event and make a real impact.

Finally, plans are already underway to run a German social event mainly consisting of A2OC members but also with a few members of the German A2 Club. This will be a three to four day trip to Germany including a visit to Neckalsum to see the A2 being built, a trip to Ingolstadt to visit the Audi museum and main headquarters. Please see http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/meet4.htm for more details. A2OC members - please see the members socials section for latest info and discussions.

[25] Thanks
There are so many people to thank for helping me this year with the club and sites, but to name but a few: Thanks to Kaine for being the man behind the scenes with keeping this forum healthy, performing the backups and all the technical support I ever need. Thanks to Runboy for providing forum moderation, coordinating material for the next newsletter and for having the highest number of forum posts! Thanks to all those that have made this forum part of their daily routine and continually contribute to the growth of the club site; an extra thanks to Chivers, Shezlee, Rob Earl, Ecoangel, Jon Od, and Ade - who we all hope to see back on his feet soon. Finally thanks to all those that have contributed financially through donations or by supporting the site through membership fees.

[18] Lastly, I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and New Year!

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE:http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk1.htm Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

A2OC Website | A2OC Forum | Join the A2OC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back