2023 Timmus Vanishing Act

timmus

A2OC Donor
Hello fellow A2 owners,

I can hardly believe that it's been nearly a year since I posted last year's version of this thread.

This post is to inform everyone that I'll be out of the country, and possibly incommunicado, until the middle of October.

On Saturday 19th August, I begin the long drive to the Alps. This is the major recreational event of my year, and it's highly likely that I won't be spending much time online. If you're reading this, it's possible that you received a link to this thread as a reply to your private message. Many thanks for getting in touch; I will do my best to catch up with all enquiries upon my return to the UK.

Between now and my departure, my schedule is full. Those visiting prior to my departure know who you are.
Upon my return, I have a number of high-priority jobs to complete (including getting my own black A2 back on the road) as well as some long-time commitments to A2 owners who have been waiting patiently for many months. It could easily be November before I can start taking new requests.

In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of the summer.

Best wishes,

Tom

Tom,

I hope you have a wonderful and well deserved holiday. Hoping that you succeed in all your planned assaults.

Kind regards,

Simon

PS Huge thanks again for your help in LB and your much appreciated advice on my yaw sensor issue.

I hope you have a wonderful and well deserved holiday. Hoping that you succeed in all your planned assaults.
Many thanks, Simon.

From my 2022 vanishing act...
When I first planned this trip, the major targets were Ortler, Cima Presanella and Cima Brenta. However, as mentioned previously, plans have had to change due to my left leg not being entirely onboard with my ideas. However, I shall nevertheless spend the holiday in that central-southern section of the Alps, and will look longingly at the summits whilst entertaining myself with gentler activities. The mountains aren't going anywhere, so I shall probably copy-and-paste this holiday into 2023 with the aim of climbing those mountains.

Cheers,

Tom
This is basically what's happened; my initial plans for 2022 have been copied-and-pasted into this year. In 2022, despite the ongoing issues with my left leg, I climbed 4 of the (smaller!) mountains on my list over a period of 4 weeks. This year, having done seemingly endless physio exercises to resolve the leg issues, I hope to tackle some of the giants. Indeed, I have my eyes on 9 mountains, but how many I successfully summit will depend on my body and the weather. Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Many thanks, Simon.

From my 2022 vanishing act...

This is basically what's happened; my initial plans for 2022 have been copied-and-pasted into this year. In 2022, despite the ongoing issues with my left leg, I climbed 4 of the (smaller!) mountains on my list over a period of 4 weeks. This year, having done seemingly endless physio exercises to resolve the leg issues, I hope to tackle some of the giants. Indeed, I have my eyes on 9 summits, but how many I successfully summit will depend on my body and the weather. Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Tom
Bon Voyage!!

Enjoy :) and fingers crossed for all the summits you want. Let me know if you want a stopover en-route there or back.

Enjoy your well deserved break away pal. Hopefully you'll have some more colour DIS instrument clusters ready and waiting on your return 😉

Hello fellow A2 owners,

I can hardly believe that it's been nearly a year since I posted last year's version of this thread.

This post is to inform everyone that I'll be out of the country, and possibly incommunicado, until the middle of October.

On Saturday 19th August, I begin the long drive to the Alps. This is the major recreational event of my year, and it's highly likely that I won't be spending much time online. If you're reading this, it's possible that you received a link to this thread as a reply to your private message. Many thanks for getting in touch; I will do my best to catch up with all enquiries upon my return to the UK.

Between now and my departure, my schedule is full. Those visiting prior to my departure know who you are.
Upon my return, I have a number of high-priority jobs to complete (including getting my own black A2 back on the road) as well as some long-time commitments to A2 owners who have been waiting patiently for many months. It could easily be November before I can start taking new requests.

In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of the summer.

Best wishes,

Tom
Happy travels Tom, thanks for everything!

Are you staying in the Alps or travelling further afield as well?
Hi Thomas,

That’ll depend on the weather. If the forecast for the Italian Alps is awful for a prolonged period, I’ll first look to the northern Apennines. Failing that, other areas of the Alps will also be considered. Although the primary aim is to have fun, I’m ultimately trying to get through a specific list of European mountains, which imposes some restraint upon areas I look towards.
Both my sister (Anna) and partner (Jessica) have contracted jobs, so will be joining me for fixed periods of their annual leave, and they both have flights booked in/out of Bergamo.
Furthermore, I’m looking forward to meeting @mtl (who’s in Slovenia) during a window of opportunity when I’m on my own, between Anna’s flight home and Jessica’s arrival on holiday.
Once Jessica has flown home, I’ll be meeting my cousin and his partner on the Italian/Swiss border. Thereafter, I’ll head to Antwerpen and Den Haag to spend a little time with a longtime friend who’s just become a dad. Thereafter, it’s time to head home.
So, I have periods of time with some flexibility, when plans within a given region are semi-fluid, but the overall trip has structure and many fixed points.

Best wishes,

Tom

I was asking because we will be in Sicily until the 17th of August and I will be in Belgium from the 1st of September onwards. If you need a place to stay in Belgium for one or more nights, just pm me. Don't worry, I won't ask you to look at my A2 😂 More than welcome in Sicily as well but seem a bit too far judging from your travel plans.

Have a wonderful journey.

Have a really good trip Timmus - and thank you for getting my 1.6FSi nicely fettled recently.

I have a few minor things but nothing major for later in the year!

Hi Thomas,

That’ll depend on the weather. If the forecast for the Italian Alps is awful for a prolonged period, I’ll first look to the northern Apennines. Failing that, other areas of the Alps will also be considered. Although the primary aim is to have fun, I’m ultimately trying to get through a specific list of European mountains, which imposes some restraint upon areas I look towards.
Both my sister (Anna) and partner (Jessica) have contracted jobs, so will be joining me for fixed periods of their annual leave, and they both have flights booked in/out of Bergamo.
Furthermore, I’m looking forward to meeting @mtl (who’s in Slovenia) during a window of opportunity when I’m on my own, between Anna’s flight home and Jessica’s arrival on holiday.
Once Jessica has flown home, I’ll be meeting my cousin and his partner on the Italian/Swiss border. Thereafter, I’ll head to Antwerpen and Den Haag to spend a little time with a longtime friend who’s just become a dad. Thereafter, it’s time to head home.
So, I have periods of time with some flexibility, when plans within a given region are semi-fluid, but the overall trip has structure and many fixed points.

Best wishes,

Tom
Best wishes to your old friend and his lovely wife

George

Hi Tom,

Have a good trip and wonderful holiday!
Hope I can see you in Overton in November to install my A2’s inner wheel arch and engine bay plastic bottom tray!

All the best,
Douglas

Back