2nd Service

pdiddy

Firstly, Happy New Year Everyone.

Now down to business, I had the second service on my variable serviced TDi done at the beginning of December, after completion service indicator showing 9200 to next service as normal (according to other threads).

However, after driving for another six weeks i thought i`ll check the service indicator. Now showing 8900!!! According to the other threads my service indicator should go up to around the 15000 before it starts to drop again but this doesn`t seem to be happening.

Now i admit i`m not the most cautious driver in the world, but i don`t rev the arse out of the car, so hence cannot understand the service indicator reading.

Any thoughts??

my service interval showed around 9,000 miles to next service just after being serviced. It went to around 15,000 miles in around 4 weeks. I dont drive fast and i average 250miles a week. its now starting to drop currently around 14,000 miles to next service which will mean next service is due around 48,000 miles (current speedo reading + service indicator milage) which I reckon is spot on at the moment as it was serviced at around 27,000 miles

Mine is due for my second service in 4000 miles which makes it 56000 miles. I think it is rather good.

Hi,

my TDi showed about 9 k after the both the first and second services, then gradually crept up to almost 30 k (which I think is the limit) over the subsequent 2-3k.

Thanks for the replies, probably done about 1000 miles in the six weeks, and although i do a lot of short journeys i still would expect the indicator to go up, not down in the short term.

Thanks Phil.

I'm not sure there is a limit to the variable service mileage, as mine went back to 32,000m after service 1 + 2.

I've just had my 3rd variable service a couple of days before christmas, 90,000 and this time it has struggled to move up, but after nearly 3 weeks it has crept back up this time to 28,900, I have done over 1300 miles since it went in, so it's still doing 30,000, which for £180 of servicing I think is a bargain.

PS when you are down to the last few 000's on the speedo, they go very quickly regardless of how you drive...

bba

Back