2nd Service

A2DK

Hi Folks, Just had my 02 plate tdi se in for a second service, done at 51,000 miles by a local garage other than audi. It was on the variable service and the dash still says 2000 miles till it needs seeing to but thought i'd get it done now. Question is how do i sort the intervals to the 'normal' 10/12k as I have found an increase in performance and smooth ride since the service and don't now believe in the variable one (cant be good for the car surly)

Thanks.

Hi Folks, Just had my 02 plate tdi se in for a second service, done at 51,000 miles by a local garage other than audi. It was on the variable service and the dash still says 2000 miles till it needs seeing to but thought i'd get it done now. Question is how do i sort the intervals to the 'normal' 10/12k as I have found an increase in performance and smooth ride since the service and don't now believe in the variable one (cant be good for the car surly)

Thanks.

I noticed that you have not mentioned having the cambelt changed.My A2 is an 2002 model and i have just had this done even though mine has only done 55000 miles.The service book says that this needs changing at 60000 miles or 5 years,which ever comes first.
Cheers,Brads.

Last edited:
Decided to get the service done and out the way first and head back to the same garage nearer 60k to get it done then. Any answers to the resetting?

Hi A2DK
You can reset the service indicator yourself although you will 'loose' the few miles covered since your last oil change

Switch off the ignition
Press and hold the button, bottom left of speedo - display should read Service
Immediately press and hold button, bottom right of rev counter until the word Service is cleared. The indicator is now reset for fixed service intervals.
Note you can't change back to vairable service intervals unless you have access to VagCom or the dealer resets it.

The procedure is in the owners manual under 'Service Indicator' (page 83 in my 2001 book)

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike, a wee bit different to what you said, that was said in the book but managed to do it. Thing is it now says 9300 to next service? Is this because I still had around 2000 miles till service on the variable and its took it away from the 12000 normal service? I'm assuming its 12000 service intervals now?

Ahh, I see, thanks for that. Can anyone tell me when I get the cambelt done is it really needed to get the water pump done aswell as it doesnt say this needs done in the book? Just with all the threads going around about it.

Back