3.2 DSG TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a blast in a 3.2 DSG TT demonstrator that our Fleet Manager has for a few days - AWESOME!

Sound is magnificent and the gearbox is phenomenal - the only way of noticing the gear changes is that the revs change and the engine noise changes, as Maersk says this really is the gearbox of the future.

Launch control is a hoot, ASP off, left foot on brake, floor throttle, foot off brake and wahayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This will never be beaten away from the lights, there is no momentary hesitation as there is in a standard auto, just a momentary scrabble as the traction control takes hold and away you go with red line changes until you get scared and lift off!

I won't be getting one as my licence wouldn't last long.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO, Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Ian, sounds like you came back with a huge smile on your face. Were your hands shaking with adrenalin?

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

As a passenger it was fear, but then he knew the car and the roads, then I got to drive it . . . .

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO, Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back