300 miles 'till service

dan_b

A2OC Donor
Blimey, it doesn't give you much warning does it...
Looks like the car's had a longlife AVS service schedule so far - should I take it to an Audi shop to maintain the stamp and get another AVS, or should I do it myself?

I'm on 87000miles, any tips as to what else I should change? Recently did the air filter (K&N) and the cambelt was changed when I bought the car at at 78000miles.

If I did do it myself, should I maintain the AVS, and if so what oil to get, and if so how do you reset the service indicator?

Dan

When was the pollen filter last changed? How about the fuel filter? I'd also check the rotors (and pads) and see if they're up to spec.

I'd go for a fixed interval because as the engine gets older, changing the oil a bit faster promotes a "healthier" life for it.:) The money saved from changing from the more expensive oil and dealership labor will more than cover your more frequent servicing (1yr/15k km as opposed to the longer variable)... and give you a sense of diy satisfaction.
I self service all the consumables on my A2 and a 2005 Touran. Cheap parts and cheap labor, now that's what i call a good bargain.:D

should I take it to an Audi shop to maintain the stamp and get another AVS, or should I do it myself?

Hi Dan

A 3rd option is a VW dealer as the engine is a VW one. Less pricey that Audi.
A 4th option is an independent Audi dealer. I don't know how common they are. There is one near here (in Melksham) if you travel this way.

I did the pollen filter recently too. The front discs are lipped but dont yet need replacing but when they do I may yet still go for an upgrade... There is a VW dealer in Twickenham and the Independent Fontain Audi isnt too far from me. Is the oil filter easily accessible and the sump plug? What about the service indicator how can I reset that?

ive just had a 700 miles till service warning flash up. is there anyway to check if its on variable service and how do i change it to fixed if it is set to variable?

Well I decided to take the lazy option and have booked it in for a service at Fontain Audi. Just have to remind them that I recently put in a K&N air filter so they don't throw it out by mistake!

You could take the wee black A2 they have for a test drive Dan and swap over your rear speaker grilles for the Bose ones! :p Ooh, strike me down for even thinking of it!! :eek: :D

Ha ha ha ha <great idea> :D

It was getting their A2 as a courtesy car when I had my A4 Avant in with them for a service that made us think we could live with one. Shame that although I bought the A4 from them, 2 years later they wouldn't buy it back off me, but never mind.

Back