4500 miles in two weeks, great car

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim

I have just got back from our holiday.
In two weeks we did just under 4500 miles. 3500 in the first week on foreign motorways.
With an outside temperature never below the 100F (I actually saw 108F on the DIS readout!), the aircon was flat out, constantly driving at around 90mph (sorry to you law following citizens)with a full load of gear and people on board and the little old Diesel still came back with an average of 55mpg. I think that's pretty amazing.
I took a litre of oil with me but it never used a drop.
The cruise control I fitted two days before I went worked a treat and I was really glad to have it on those long motorway trips.
It stuck to the mountain roads a treat although the b and c roads were a bit bumpy with the A2's rather stiff suspension.[13]
All in all though a real great holiday that only reinforced how great I think this little car is.

Tim
Nice to hear you had a good time.

The stiff suspension could be down to the dealer not doing a correct PDI and leaving the solid plastic packing in the front suspension coils leaving minimal travel.....like happened to me!.

No, it is stiffer than other cars.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back