5th Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

Anyone see 5th Gear tonight?. I only caught a bit but it appeared to be a review of the Audi model range.

Just caught the tail end of the A2 review (looked like an FSi model) and the presenter wasn't exactly singing it's praises by calling the looks "terrible" but then going on to say if your after something different then this fits the bill and in the end he sounded as if he liked the looks!. Weird.

Anyone see it and can clarify what he was on about?.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Must have been a different 5th gear to the one I saw. Only car featured was the DB7 GT, bits on road rage and off roading in Iceland (that looked fun!)- no Audis whatsoever.

Fifth Gear is getting as bad as Top Gear. Jeremy Clarkson-yuk. Vicki Butler Henderson- Yes please. I think it's for kiddies, except Vicki!

I think it was on Five at 8.30pm. Bring back the Top Gear of yesrs ago-proper reviews!.

Saw one (motoring programme) on Discovery the night-a new one, not one from 2 years ago-testing the Leon Cupra, Golf R32 and Civic Type R. Nice to see the Leon Cupra won!.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Yep same time and channel on 21 May at 8.30pm - still no Audis though.

Strange-must have been another Sat channel!. I noticed 5th gear on Discovery in the past.

I too preferred Top Gear from yesteryear. Too many quips for my liking these days, but I can see the fascination with Vicki HollyR....

[img=left]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adriancharles/a2ade.gif[/img=left]Ade
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
UK Owners Page 24
s.gif
My Home Page
s.gif
Mail me

Audi A2 1.4SE (2003): Azure Blue
s.gif
Build Wk40/2002
Factory fit: OpenSky
s.gif
Climate
s.gif
Driver Information System
s.gif
Acoustic Parking
s.gif
Lumbar Adjustment
Retrofit: Rear Cup Holder
s.gif
2003 Wiper
s.gif
Rear Door Blinds
s.gif
Centre Tray
s.gif
Elasticated Belt
s.gif
Grille Strips

I saw a recent 5th gear programme where they did not burn rubber or do handbrake turns, or smoke the tyres. Is this a record? It was the new Maybach, no doubt they would have got severely caned if they had. Speaking of severely caned ....VBH. I must seek counselling for my obsession with VBH.

Wow! I can't bear it. Do you think she would like to be a member of the A2OC? What did she say about the A2? Or has she never done it, the A2 that is. I'm worried about me as well. I wonder where that pic was taken, Ive only ever seen her in jeans etc. Looking forward to seeing you next week, hopefully without too many chemo effects. Peter wants to bring his Micra, but with chemo I may fall asleep. If chemo is delayed till Monday he'll bring it, very impressive for the money.

Anyone see the "I'm Alan Partridge" with the guy who has a whole room dedicated to Alan-even down to a face mask....

hollyrescue, please say you haven't gone that far?!?

I haven't, rest assured. I am just a normal well adjusted mature human being. Well, not too normal or well adjusted. Some might even say I have yet to join the human race. I would not watch 5th gear without VBH, once again it's a "I shaved 100th of a second off the lap time in my Trabant GTI" type of show, as far removed from sitting in a jam on the M25 as I could imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back