6 Disc CD Changer Problems

jambost

Hi,

My A2 (02 1.4TDi) started to have problems with the 6 CD changer - attached to a Chorus radio with tape player and two knobs !. Whilst the wife was driving it stopped playing and looked like it had been paused, when i got in a few days later it was still stating the same info when i tried to play a CD, so i took out the magazine and it started to state 'No Magazine' on the LCD display on the radio. I disconnected the CD Player and reconnected it, i can hear and see the loader going up the magazine pulling the cds out one by one, spinning them around and putting them back in again and during this the LCD is changing between NO CDC and CONNECT but eventually stops at NO CDC. Has anybody got any idea what is going on here ??? Any help gratefully received !!

Stuart :confused:

At the risk of stating the obvious, the changer is goosed!

It's not uncommon and will be costly to fix - you'd be better served by replacing with an iPod interface.

Sorry to be negative, but it's better to know the worst.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for getting back to me ! I had suspected that the changer was knackered but was hoping for the best....

cheers
Stuart

Unfortunaltey not - if it were something like a dirty lense or something else trivial, then you wouldn't get the no cdc message.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for getting back to me ! I had suspected that the changer was knackered but was hoping for the best....

cheers
Stuart

I agree with Skipton's diagnosis but it would do no harm to remove the radio fuse for a couple of minutes just to see.........

Cheers Spike

Hello again,

Have'nt given up on the CD player as i managed to get it back to a working state (all be it on a temporary basis), it turns out the connector from the radio to the CD player (connecter located behind the manual-fuel cap release access panel (also for changing light bulbs)) has somehow become faulty in that if you hold the connector and slightly stress the conector by bending it at the joint between the two cables then the CD player is detected by the Radio (only seems to detect it if the radio is switched on from being off) and hey presto it works !!

Now all i need to do is figure out a way of creating the bending force without me stuck in the boot holding it whilst the wife drives to work !

Stuart

Back