8Z0199294R / 8Z0199293R Brackets

These are known (somewhat bizarrely) as "Consoles" as a result of translation from German. They are very similar to those used in the Fabia and Polo, and these have been used to replace the A2 model - I think the principle difference is slightly different grade of rubber in the bushings but the casting is the same.

Current immense discount on these from the same place I got mine :

check the part numbers - should be 6Q and then the remaining digits of your 8Z part number

Hi Robin,

Many, many thanks, very much appreciated. I did see some online for around £140, but you're right, cracking discount.

You mentioned checking the part number. The ones on the adverts end in D, E, or J whereas the part nr I was passed by the garage ends in R.

Apologies for the incessant questions - but would these be suitable?

KR,

Mark

That part I can't answer I'm afraid - I have the two Polo parts in my garage ready as spares. There was someone else here at A2oc who used the same ones a year or two back but I can't remember who it was to ask. I have a gut feeling that they found that one of the ones on their car already fitted was a Polo part so it appears they do fit and are usable in our circumstances.

within the A2 family, the R part is specified on the AMF (top link) and BHC / ATL diesels (bottom link). The petrol engined cars have the Q-suffix part.

As I said, from memory it relates to density of the rubber bushings, and the key thought is that a new but slightly different bushing will be a lot better than a knackered old one.

edited -
Found another Polo console user in this thread -

edited again -

and another thread :

Robin,

Many thanks again for your advice!

(God I love this forum!)

I will order now and sacrifice replacing the bushels.

Thank you.

KR,

Mark

You can get the pair here for £88
You can get the pair here for £88
with the links I posted earlier they are discounted right now to £76 if you buy both items from the same shop with today's Ebay discount code, and if I was buying I would get them for £69 with another 10% off through completesavings.

with the links I posted earlier they are discounted right now to £76 if you buy both items from the same shop with today's Ebay discount code, and if I was buying I would get them for £69 with another 10% off through completesavings.
Definately worth buying and storing for the future at that price !!

Back