A message for A2 Cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony,

I notice you have been active on the forum today.
Perhaps you might care to respond to me?

Over the past 4 months I have telephoned, text and emailed your business email address to arrange a date and time for me to collect my personal effects from yourself.
You have a list of my belongings.
My last email to you was sent on 31st March.

I have yet to receive a reply.

This matter is now urgent.

Regards
Jeff

Why don't you just go and collect them in person? A2Cars is open during normal hours...
Unfortunately it is not quite that simple.

There are some issues behind this.
I will leave it to Jeff to expand on that if he wishes to but it is not just a case of collection, there are apparently some disputes over the items.

I don't think we need to expand more than that.

Jeff is just trying to contact A2Cars over this matter and this was a last straw attempt to do that.

Steve B

My personal opinion is that the less (fewer???)people that get involved in this the better it will be for all concerned.
The post does not need to be added to,let the two members involved sort it out between themselves.

Not sure any dirty laundry needs to be aired in public. I didn't think this was what the club was all about.

james

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Whatever it is it could be deemed as being in the public interest, btw I don't know what any of it is about... ;)

It seems like double standard to me. When I made critical comments about a member pricing cars it was deemed a matter for pm by a moderator.

James

My personal opinion is that the less (fewer???)people that get involved in this the better it will be for all concerned.
The post does not need to be added to,let the two members involved sort it out between themselves.

I agree that in an ideal world people would be able to sort their differences out amongst themselves - or just bite the bullet and get a lawyer/bailiffs/small claims court involved if it's that serious a dispute - but sadly we don't live in an ideal world. However, you do have to ask why the member in question felt it appropriate to raise the matter in the form of a very public post in the forum pages rather than in a private message?

It seems like double standard to me. When I made critical comments about a member pricing cars it was deemed a matter for pm by a moderator.

James

agree with james!

in all honesty though could it not be that tony and staff are really busy. im sure this will get sorted all in good time but lets keep it behind closed doors. we dont want another drama do we ;)

cammy

I don't think either party wants to air their dirty laundry, more that Jeff feels he needs the support of the club... I don't know the ins and outs of the situation, but I know enough (admittedly from only one side's perspective) to understand that it's not a simple matter of Tony having missed a few emails.

In fairness I could be putting words in peoples mouths.

What would be nice is if someone come maybe mediate, that I think would help the club immeasurably.

agree with james!

in all honesty though could it not be that tony and staff are really busy. im sure this will get sorted all in good time but lets keep it behind closed doors. we dont want another drama do we ;)

cammy

Hi Cammy and James.
I agree fully with that sentiment, but I suspect that Jeff has tried everything else (as he says in his post). He saw Tony active on the forum and do tried to "catch his eye" as it were to try to get a reply.

I don't like washing dirty laundry in public but I dislike dirty laundry itself even more (there shouldn't be any to wash.

I also know Jeff to be a reasonable and calm person so I am shocked that things have become so bad that he is left with this last resort.

So I am torn on this one. I think we have to give Tony the right to reply, even if that is just to say "I will ring you later Jeff"
removing the thread at this point would rob Tony of that right to reply.

Steve B

However, you do have to ask why the member in question felt it appropriate to raise the matter in the form of a very public post in the forum pages rather than in a private message?
Because Jeff has tried every means of contact including private messages and had no response (as he says above) that may be why he took this exceptional step?

Steve B

Why is the request for contact not aimed at Hotstuff (Tony's private member account) rather than a2carsltd? Ask yourself that question.

james

Unsure of the situation, and hope all gets sorted, But unsure why this personal issue is cropping up on a public site for all to see.

Why is the request for contact not aimed at Hotstuff (Tony's private member account) rather than a2carsltd? Ask yourself that question.

james

Perhaps because as Jeff said , he saw Tony become active and post a few times using his A2Cars login. So perhaos he thought he would see this post. Also fir all I know Jeff's concerns may relate to A2Cars and not personally to Tony?

Lets also be honest here Jeff is obviously frustrated at getting no response. He has therefore tried one final way of soliciting a response.
I am just trying to figure out the reasoning here for myself too.

Steve B

Unsure of the situation, and hope all gets sorted, But unsure why this personal issue is cropping up on a public site for all to see.
It looks like Jeff has tried everything else and as I say, perhaos this was the only avenue left for him.
Jeff is a very loyal A2OC member ( more than that) so he must be feeling very strongly to do this.

Steve B

Well, I can only speak for myself but if the issue was that important to me and I was getting no response to my telephone calls or emails I would be on the doorstep - be that a private house or a business premises.

Yrs
but we all act differently when things go seriously wrong.

I would probably act the same as you suggest. But thankfully we are all different.

Steve B

Its all tittle tattle This post should be taken off by a moderator in my very humble opinion. It's just trying to damage an excellent reputation.

james

All. Can I request a hold on the speculation and defensiveness. It's not helping. Disagreements happen from time to time even in a friendly club like this. So can we let Jeff and Tony sort it between them. I hope they do.

Sorry I won't hear of allegations of double standards We operate with a moderate lite philosophy so as long as there's no rules being broken nothing will be removed here. Most regulars will recall other forum 'events' which I was involved with publicly and I don't remember any calls to move the discussions off the public forums ( other than my own after time ).

For my part here - Jeff has asked a question of A2 cars on the public forum. It's no more contentious than that at this stage. Jeff has the right as every other registered user to post on this site within the rules and as Steve said there's a right of reply. Let's leave it at that can we please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back