A perfect fit for A2 QI wireless charging phone holder cradle

Bobeee

During the many hours that i spent searching for a way of charging and holding my phone that was simple and quick and looked 'factory' I finally came across this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B097B25Q2P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I just can't stand all of the usual ’stick-on’ type phone holders with trailing wires which i find intrusive and ugly. The amazing (and lucky) thing about this item is that it is an absolutely perfect fit for an A2. In fact, it slots in so well, it does indeed look ‘factory’ and no installation required - just slide in as shown in the photos. So, providing that your phone supports QI wireless charging and you have a single DIN dash, this is a great solution for navigation and internet radio etc. Even more so, if you already have Bluetooth installed. For power, you can use the supplied USB-C to USB-A cable, but i recommend that you buy a shorter cable with a right angle USB-C connector. See photos
IMG_4814.JPG
IMG_4813.JPG
IMG_4812.JPG

It just looked so natural when I saw it there on Saturday night! That's a really good find Bob, thanks for sharing 👍

Even Audi are no longer fitting QI chargers in their cars as many new phones no longer support QI charging. Price of progress I am afraid.

Even Audi are no longer fitting QI chargers in their cars as many new phones no longer support QI charging. Price of progress I am afraid.
So soon? I only even heard of QI chargers when Tom @2work fettled a handbrake tray to take one a year or two ago. Or am I just too far behind the tech curve now? Anyway, that only makes this particular implementation even more ideal for an A2, as it can be removed without any issue at all leaving the car original 👍

Evening all,

Yes the factory QI Wireless Charger is still performing exactly as it should:

Testing stage which worked out perfectly
69F1E1DA-82DC-4B9F-BC27-40A02A6EBFC6.png

Dated picture as the colour scheme has since been adjusted
D7F2C1C2-45E9-4113-9A72-4D81B548AB33.png

Although the latest iPhone uses MagSafe2 charging technology, the above pictured charger still powers the iPhone 14. Couldn’t speak for any Android devices though. I’m sure there will be a time when it’s no longer useful but hopefully a factory item will be available for the next generation of induction charging; if not then a discrete USB-C lead (or equivalent) can be run to either the A6 C5 Armrest or the handbrake tray.

Kind regards,

Tom

During the many hours that i spent searching for a way of charging and holding my phone that was simple and quick and looked 'factory' I finally came across this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B097B25Q2P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I just can't stand all of the usual ’stick-on’ type phone holders with trailing wires which i find intrusive and ugly. The amazing (and lucky) thing about this item is that it is an absolutely perfect fit for an A2. In fact, it slots in so well, it does indeed look ‘factory’ and no installation required - just slide in as shown in the photos. So, providing that your phone supports QI wireless charging and you have a single DIN dash, this is a great solution for navigation and internet radio etc. Even more so, if you already have Bluetooth installed. For power, you can use the supplied USB-C to USB-A cable, but i recommend that you buy a shorter cable with a right angle USB-C connector. See photosView attachment 106567View attachment 106568View attachment 106569
Now that looks flipping splendid!

Only issue for me is that’d be too low down to safely use google maps whilst driving - but otherwise if that wasn’t an issue I’d be all over this. How lucky you discovered it

Now that looks flipping splendid!

Only issue for me is that’d be too low down to safely use google maps whilst driving - but otherwise if that wasn’t an issue I’d be all over this. How lucky you discovered it
I use the Apple Maps App for navigation and i personally don't find the positioning a problem. But i agree that it may be a little on the low side for some

Back