A sad day!

Trebor

I've not contributed to the Forum for some time now but had to share our sad news - my wife's A2 had a tangle with a transit van and has just been written off. Only 15 months old with 10k miles. Not my wife's fault, I hasten to add!!

My wife suffering from whiplash - I'm confident that the A2 kept her injuries just to that.

Audi Assistance were superb....accident 7.30am, damaged car recovered 11am and courtesy car delivered at 3.30pm all on the same day.

Additionally, her insurance company had an engineer look at the car during that afternoon and made the decision..."not economical to repair"!

We have already started the search for another A2!

Regards...Trebor

Hi,

Sorry to hear the news. I hope your wife recovers from her whiplash soon.

Ben

Thats very bad news hope you and the wife are ok
i can only sympathise i know how upset i was when someone
ran into the back of my A2 last week some young lad half asleep
forgot what the brakes where for and ran into my bumper well i
got out and could not believe how little damage there was
apparantly the bumpers pop back out again car is in the
garage at the moment under investigation .....

Got my fingers crossed that its not bad news Arrggghhhhh!!!!

Last edited:
Hope your wife gets well soon Trebor. Good to hear that the A2 did its job in protecting your wife. Hope the search for another A2 doesnt take too long.

A sad day

My best wishes to your wife, and a speedy recovery.
A good personal injury claim I think.

The A2 does seem to protect passengers well, as is evidenced by many previous reports on this forum.

I am sorry to hear your news. Glad to hear that the A2 protected you so well and minimised your wife’s injuries; a testament to the cars safety.

I hope that your wife is feeling better soon; best wishes.

There are still plenty of good quality replacement A2’s around, at various prices to suit all pockets. Check out:

http://www.audi.net.r66.co.uk/audiuk/site/local/postcode.aspx?searchtype=local

A speedy recovery & good luck with the search.

Regards,

Darren

That's bad news. Glad there were no serious injuries. See if your insurance company will tell you where it ends up, you might be able to salvage some of the extras from it for a future car.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. We know how it feels to lose a loved A2.
Glad you both walked away though with only minor injuries.
I've seen quite a pics & heard a few stories of A2 write offs - & been involved in one - and am amazed that the majority of these crashes usually result in only minor injuries such as whiplash, pulled muscles etc. Is this a testament to the cars inherent safety or have we just been lucky?

A shame your A2 was only 3 months past it's 1st birthday, otherwise you could have had a replacement car through the insurance if you were the first registered keeper..

Thanks for your comments

My I offer my thanks to those who have replied to my earlier posting with kind words.

Thanks...Trebor

The search for a new A2 continues!!

Anyone been in a major crash with the A2? I'm perticilary interested in survival in head on collisions with heavier vehicles.

Back