A wee Covid story

murdo

Admin Team
Scotland
Hi folks. I hope this finds everyone in A2 world safe and well. It's my wee A2s birthday tomorrow. Ada will be 16 years young. After a fairly quiet weekend on call with work I was out bright and early to pick up a click and collect shop in this new normal. Its a beautiful spring morning and the streets are disconcertingly quiet for a Monday morning at 8am. I took the A2 for a drive to the supermarket as its been sat up for a while. Started on the button and I enjoyed the familiar burble of the wee ATL 3 pot and its willingness to jump at a press of the go pedal with the torque on tap a reminder of the remap and how much fun it is.
I had a great sense of calm and familiarity driving an old friend that's been with us nearly 12 years. That was so welcome against the backdrop of this crisis we are all living through. My dad has lost a friend to covid yesterday. An elderly man just back from holiday. And our neighbours friend lost her husband. In his 40s with no underlying health conditions.
Stay safe everyone and enjoy life to the full. We will get through this together and be a little more grateful for the most simple of pleasures afterwards.
Happy birthday Ada and thanks for reminding me of how lucky I am.

IMG_20200406_084638.jpg

Thanks for sharing Murdo - its stories like these that make the sobering connection between the numbers and people. Certainly when you see those vast numbers its not surprising its becoming very real. One of my wife's old school mates became a victim last week at the age of 44...again with no underlying health conditions.

...and yet the stay at home message doesnt click with some.

Stay safe!

Last edited:
What a lovely friendship between Murdo and Ada. My immediate neighbours (both husband and wife) have Covid and it's somewhat concerning, hope everyone here and their loved ones all get through this very unique time of our lives safely.

Best wishes for your health to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back