A Year On..

kencayton

Well a year and a bit lol

Annabell has been my faithful companion throughout, and has been mechanically sound throughout. Only the minor (£400) issue of replacing the CCU thing, but that's been about it;).

I think I've been neglecting her a bit though, so have decided to take up detailing as a hobby (DW & the forum on here have been of great help), and I might have accidental spent £100 on cleaning products..

The first major detailing session is planned for next Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

She's booked in for the 22nd of June at a local bodywork centre to have her wheels refurbished and the spoiler I bought from Stoke audi painted and fitted.

Just spent the morning going over the car with my dad, and I just fell in love all over again. All of the little details that let you know somebody thought long and hard about her design to just how comfortable it actually is sitting in the back (which you tend to forget lol).

Sorry for the gush, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on A2OC, here's to many more years of enjoyable motoring :)

Having my own anniversary also, been a wonderful experience so far - bar the Lambard sensor needing replacement, but that's a minor quibble.

Also looking to do an almighty wash and polish – looking at these chaps to give it a thorough going over including the engine bay: http://www.execvaleting.co.uk/valet.php
Not exactly cheap, but less than the £100 I could also spend on products.

Would love to spruce up the wheels after kerbing them endlessly, but I know i'd only do it all over again.

Have a long life service due in "300 miles" and counting, so we'll see what that throws up, need to work out if the cambelt needs doing also, no sign in the logbook so think I need to phone round the previous Audi garages that have looked after it.

Then it's a free Audi MOT and we're set for another year!

Last edited:
Back