Information A2 1.4se TDi to A4 Cabriolet 1.8T????

ijedgar

A2OC Donor
I am being sorely tempted into swapping my `05 1.4se TDi for a 1.8T A4 Cabriolet to enjoy a spot of open top motoring.
Does anyone have any experience of this car?
All experiences gratefully received.

I am being sorely tempted into swapping my `05 1.4se TDi for a 1.8T A4 Cabriolet to enjoy a spot of open top motoring.
Does anyone have any experience of this car?
All experiences gratefully received.

I haven't owned a convertible A4, but I bought an A6 recently (until then I have only ever owned A2s no other Audi model) and I was very impressed because many of the things I liked about the A2 were present in the other Audi models. BUT (and like my wife, it is a BIG BUT !!! The one significant thing that was missing was the character of the A2.

The A4 convertible is a great car (according to other owners and it looks fantastic) but with the A2 you can enjoy the character all year around without a "compromise" in bad weather.

Also several years ago I bought a JAG convertible and within three days I took it back to the dealer!! For some reason when driving with the roof dowen, several other road users started to se me as a "snob" and became very "anti" (not letting me out of junctions etc.) and some kids started to should abuse (and that was in the centre of Windsor). So I guess I was just unlucky, but the one thing I wanted from a convertible was freedom and a relaxing drive in the nice weather and I was unlucky and got neither.

Steve B

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences with the soft top especially the verbal abuse.
Having said that I was shouted at by juveniles whilst driving my first A2 with the windows open,something about me not having a lot of hair.

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences with the soft top especially the verbal abuse.
Having said that I was shouted at by juveniles whilst driving my first A2 with the windows open,something about me not having a lot of hair.

Yes, it is a shame that some people think that by bringing others down it raises them up somehow!!!
I can't help thinking how they will feel if they get a decent job (by luck more likely than hard work) and earn enough to have a decent car and then experience this themselves.

But it is just a small thing and nothing to worry about.

I would imagine that you will love the drophead, but then at some stage you will start to miss the A2.

A bit like having a pretty mistress, fun for a while but not practical over time and you will miss your "hone comforts".

But I can't think of any reason NOT to have fun!!!

Steve B

I know what you mean,my biggest worry is not liking the cabriolet and wishing I`d kept the A2.
I doubt if I`ll find another one as good as this,only two owners,under 50k miles,full service history and pretty to look at.

I like A4 Convertible, I think theyre really classy looking and look a lot newer than they really are, similar to the A2.

That said, I dont think I would want to own one, Im not drop top good looking, I prefer to hide in the shadows or come out at night

Back