A2 1.4TDi (90) Brakes (Discs and pads)

A2Look

Hi all!

I am looking at upgrading my brake system. Discs and pads are close to needed to be changed anyway! Just wondering if you guys can help :)

I am considering Brembo MAX brake discs for the front couples with EBC Greenstuff pads. I know I can also get the Greenstuff pads for the rear, but not sure what discs? Do I need to have the same type of discs or some other kind, as I cant find one that would fit the rear?

Can anybody help please :) thanks! Also, where to buy from would be good / product codes etc.
thank you people!

Take a look at EBCBrakesDirect.com - best prices around for genuine EBC parts.

Go for Brembo if you must, otherwise, stich to EBC discs - that's what I've got on the front of my A2 and there is virtually nothing that can outbrake me now!

PS Drilled discs are for fashion only - unless you are taking part in a road race. They also act like a grater on your pads, wearing them out in double quick time.

Cheers,

Mike

hi skipton!

thanks for the reply! do you have the ebc GS pads on the rear too?
How about your rear discs? are they standard or uprated?

the brembo max are just grooved, not drilled - just wondering what the best combo would be? thanks!

The rears are still factory standard.

The front discs are just plain EBC discs, still more than enough stopping power for a light-weight car such as the A2.

I wouldn't waste your cash on grooved or drilled discs, they both wear pads down quicker and are just not needed by A2s

Cheers,

Mike

Warped Ebc Discs!

Skipton01 said:
Take a look at EBCBrakesDirect.com - best prices around for genuine EBC parts.

Go for Brembo if you must, otherwise, stich to EBC discs - that's what I've got on the front of my A2 and there is virtually nothing that can outbrake me now!

PS Drilled discs are for fashion only - unless you are taking part in a road race. They also act like a grater on your pads, wearing them out in double quick time.

Cheers,

Mike
Just getting ready to replace my warped set of EBC discs, not too impressed although the stopping power with greenstuff pads is very impressive, just think the disc should last longer than 10000 miles!

I have ordered a set of EBC pads for the front and rear. Got a set of Brembo solid brake discs for the rear, looking for some brembo fronts now as GSF said they didnt do them?

Brakes all sorted!

I got brembo discs all round with ebc greenstuff pads all round too :)
I opted for the standard vented discs for the front, not the grooved.

All in GSF charged me £155ish

Pads were cheaper then buying from EBC directly

My local mechanic is charging me £40 for it everything, and do a brake fluid change. Can anyone enlighten me if there are and special requirements for the flud change I should make him aware of?

Last edited:
If i was you i would use only the recommended Spec by the Manufacturer, although i believe you can mix.
I have Grooved Brembo Disc's and pads, which if i read the sales pitch right, De-glaze the pad surface and allow pad heat to dissapate. Or produce more brake dust and help to stop warping.
Although if you brake from 100MPH and keep your foot on the brake while stationary you are likely to create heat spots.
Apply the handbrake and step away from the brake pedal!!

Emm

Hi A2Look
Do as Emm suggests and stick with Audi brake fluid or equivalent. The spec is in the Owners Handbook.
I once thought about changing to Silicon brake fluid but was put off when I read all the horror stories.

Cheers Spike

Hi all!

Well all done! Brakes done (discs and pads) and brake fluid changed.
I used Brembo Discs front and rear, plus EBC pads all round
Went for the proper DOT4 standard brake fluid.

All the parts cost £155
Labour £60
Total: Great brakes, and relatively cheaply!

Back