Chat A2 14TDi

roper_christine

I’ve just inherited my dad’s much loved A2 who bought it brand new.
It’s 20 years old, fully serviced by Audi (who love seeing it every year) and has only done 48,500 miles.
He drove it right up to the age of 92, less than 3 weeks before he died.
I can see the attraction. Am enjoying driving it. Sadly, it won’t be ULEZ compliant. But, as it’s used mainly to take my mum shopping, will happily pay to keep it going (what’s that all about?! Doesn’t meet the emissions but you can pay to keep driving it).

It’s 20 years old, fully serviced by Audi (who love seeing it every year) and has only done 48,500 miles.
I can see the attraction. Am enjoying driving it. Sadly, it won’t be ULEZ compliant. But, as it’s used mainly to take my mum shopping, will happily pay to keep it going (what’s that all about?! Doesn’t meet the emissions but you can pay to keep driving it).
Sorry to hear your loss but glad to hear your Dad got to enjoy it for as long as was possible.

Love to hear of an A2 being bought and treasured from new and would love to see some photos on here if you get a chance sometime?

If you do ever decide to re-home it and would like it to continue to be treasured, please drop me a message as I am quietly looking for a nice tdi keeper for myself and can assure you it would be looked after and maintained in the same manner that it has been by your Dad.

I hope you and your Mum continue to enjoy the car for many years to come in your Dad's memory 👍

It sounds like a lovely car to be treasured, it must be even more lovely keeping it in the family. What colour is it?
My lowest mileage diesel is 55k so you have me beat ! Lol

Sorry to hear your loss but glad to hear your Dad got to enjoy it for as long as was possible.

Love to hear of an A2 being bought and treasured from new and would love to see some photos on here if you get a chance sometime?

If you do ever decide to re-home it and would like it to continue to be treasured, please drop me a message as I am quietly looking for a nice tdi keeper for myself and can assure you it would be looked after and maintained in the same manner that it has been by your Dad.

I hope you and your Mum continue to enjoy the car for many years to come in your Dad's memory 👍
I’ll upload a photo shortly.

Christine, your story has made my day.
When I bought mine, in 2019, I was much the same age as your Dad, when he bought yours!
So, if I'm lucky, I've got a good few years to go 🤞
Mac.

Nice to hear from you Christine & welcome.
They are a great bunch of knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum who are always happy to help and quite often just hear what we all get up to.
Enjoy your Dad's car it will always be something special everytime you pick up the keys.

Nice to hear from you Christine & welcome.
They are a great bunch of knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum who are always happy to help and quite often just hear what we all get up to.
Enjoy your Dad's car it will always be something special everytime you pick up the keys.
Thank you. I’m very interested in the A2 site and will be asking lots of advice!

Back