A2 1st Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmo

Just had my first AVS service after 28000 miles. Log book not stamped, not washed and vac'd and not cheap!:(

Also, the service indicator is now saying i need another service in 8700 miles. Can this be right given i drive the same route week in week out and i managed to get 28k before my first service?

Call me suspicious but given their lack of attention to detail i wonder if they have changed the oil??. Maybe the sensors are still detecting old oil, hence the low mileage 'til the next service?

2002 A2 TDI SE, Azure Blue, Symphony II, Bose, Satellite Cloth

Hi Simmo,

The 8700 miles on your service indicator is correct - After my first service 4,000 miles ago at 26,000 miles, I noticed this too and stormed back into the dealership to complain! I was left slightly embarrassed when they told me that it was normal and would climb back up after a week or so. Sure enough, it is now back to over 25,000 miles.

The lack of a stamp and wash/vac, is not up to standards though. Have you had words with them?

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE:http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk1.htm Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

A2OC Website | A2OC Forum | Join the A2OC!

hey
Don't take that you have spent the best part of £20,000 on this car when you bring the car in you want these priveleges of having your car cleaned and vac'ed.
I don't take any crap from dealers i have already written off Smith Knight Fay of Stockport & Lancaster Audi in Trafford Park for being Crap!! service and careless workmanship and no pride taken in the work carried out.
I now i think am only taking it to Links Audi in Macclesfield since they seem to listen to what i say and carry out and check!! the work they perform.
So Simmo take no Crap!!:([15][17][4][2][3][36][10]

cheers

A.D.Simmons

Yes I did the same after my service. Car had to go back in to have central locking sorted. Mine read 9,000 told them I wanted setting at 30,000 same as when I bought it.Then told it would creep up depending on how I drove it and weather conditions. It is creeping back up but seems stuck at 13,500. Hope this is because it's cold.

Peter Guilder Audi - £250 for AVS 1

I don't think £250 is bad for a service after 28,000 miles. My previous Focus had to be serviced every 10,000 miles, so would be up to almost it's third at 28,000 and they were between £100 and £150 per visit.

I paid £200 for my first service but took my own oil.I don't think this is bad for a car that has just had it's first service in 2 years.......I have had Nissan diesels also. They needed a service every 6,000 miles and when I was working this for me was every 12weeks. It worked out a lot more a year than this little car (the service interval on this car was one off the reasons I bought it).

I still think that £346 for a service at 12000 miles is a ripoff. £96 per hour for relatively unskilled work of oil and filter changes. Whether it's every 2 years or not, the work is the same.

just had first service at Reg Vardy in leicester after 24,000 / 2 years. Can't fault the service - pick up and drp off at work etc plus full valet. Didn't manage to fix the rattle in the dash though! Also, needs to go back for the egrv mods to stop the 'mooing' noise.

Myine TDi has just done 15,000 miles and I've noticed the mooing has gone!

Bought s/h A2 with 44k on the clock and last serviced at 17k. Avs said 3500 more miles to go when it reached 47k and i had ir serviced. Since then have done another 10k and it still says 26500 to next service!

Its now been 3 weeks since my AVS 1 - originally the service display was saying 8700 miles. Now having done another 700 miles its saying 8300 miles - surely by now it would have started to creep up to something like 20,000. I am convinced they havent serviced the car - see my first thread on this post.

Should i wait longer, do more miles to see if the display changes or play dumb with the dealer and ask the question?

Hi Simmo,
You could go back to the dealer for peace of mind but I guess they'll probably tell you the same as what Stuart said in reply to your initial post.

My 1st A2 TDi always worked out to next service after 30,000 miles (one of the features that attracted me to purchase the car in the first place). When I sold it at 16,000 miles it still showed next service in 14,000 miles.

On delivery of my current A2 I was disappointed to see next service in 9,500 miles. I went back to see if the display had been set for AVS or fixed interval and was given the explanation that the milage will creep up with time/milage.

Apparently the computer calculates next service due by milage and time. Therefore, if you've done 700 miles in 3 weeks the computer's currently calculating you are doing 12,000 miles per annum. In addition you have got to take into account how many times the engine is started cold/hot etc. Are your journeys stop start etc.

This all affects the service due calculation which begs the question why did you achieve 28,000 miles before your first service and why did mine indicate next service at approx 30,000 when nothing (driving style,milage) has not changed. I did notice after a long trip (West Yorkshire to Cardiff) last year the calculated figure went up and not down.

My car was 12 months old two weeks ago, the milage was 9,800 and next service due showed 9,700.

Hope this helps and reassures you somewhat.
Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

My service indicator is saying 'next service in 400 miles'......The car is only a year old and only done 6500 miles....is this correct?....At what mileage should the first service take place?.

quote:Originally posted by scottThe car is only a year old and only done 6500 miles....is this correct?....
Doesn't sound very healthy: if this is right then there are two options, I guess, Scott:
  • The car has been used exclusively for very short journeys and the VSI is punishing you for it, or:
  • The car, for whatever reason, is not set for Variable Servicing and is set on the Fixed Service interval which, IIRC, is 10,000 miles and/or 1 year whichever occurs sooner.
My year-old A2 - which has done 5,000 motorway miles and 6,000 urban miles - reckons that it's got another 9,000 miles or so before servicing. The TDIs have significantly longer service intervals, I believe.

Hope this helps...

p.s. I hope you don't mind me asking: but are you really female - as your profile suggests? [:I]

[img=left]http://www.santorini.dsl.pipex.com/a2_avatar.gif[/img=left]Mark.
2003 Azure Blue 1.6 FSI SE

OpenSky | Climate Control | DIS | Isofix + brat | Space-Floor-Box | Satellite Cloth
Electric Rear Windows | Symphony II | Winter Pack | Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror

Thanks for the advise.

No...the last time i looked i wasn't female...Thanks for pointing out the mistake..i've re-adjusted my profile accordingly.

[3]Having said that I was ahppy with the service at reg vardy, I opened the bonnet the other day to modify the wiper, only to find that they have not replaced the 'formed fibre' type engine cover that was on before. i have noticed ( I think) that it is a little noisier, especially the clicking of the injectors. I suppose they thought I wouldn't notice.Will certainly be talking to them about that soon!

An update to my first and subsequent posts:-

The AVS indicator is now showing 8000 miles to service which means it will cover only 9500 miles between services when it had done 28000 miles to the 1st one.

The journey is the same, the driver, the route, even the time of year as the car is now 24months old!

Ive written to the dealer asking them to assure me it was serviced pointing out the above and also the following issues:-

the car wasnt cleaned on collection
the booklet wasnt stamped
they told my wife only two hours before collection that they didnt have time to service the car (it was with them for a warranty item at the time)

Awaiting a response - will keep you peeps posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back