A2 - All over for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David

Well, it has been 3 years and I can not believe I have stuck it that long. I remember buying my A2, and even starting the forums all that time ago.

After a catalogue of problems things settled down and the car ran ok. We lived off the free servicing negotiated after the problems we had. Our last service cost a massive £325!

Last week we managed to pucture the back tyre. A simple problem lead to the car being off the road for 3 days and having to borrow my mothers car. Yes, the 16" low profile types on the A2 are almost unique to it so no one in NI stocked them.

After that we have more or less had it, we never managed to get the quoted miles per gallon anyway. I also notice that the A2 SE I paid extra for is now the std model coming in at £14K yet I paid more 3 years ago. Despite the idea the car would keep it's value it didn't really.

The chemical spare tyre was crap and never worked. The faulty petrol guage never really got fixed - If I wanted it fixed they were going to charge me over £200 ! suddenly knowing how much petrol was in the car was considered a luxary.

The Audi servicing price list is down right criminal.

So on wed the black audi I thought was my dream car (until I owned one) is now being swapped for a 1.8i 16v Zafira Elegance that has more luxary features than the A2 and more reliable (I hope).

It has been great craic on here at times, I was always reassuring that I was not the only one constantly battling with Audi and their francises :)

David

Hi David,
Long time, no hear!
It's understandable how you are feeling and you can't be blamed for wanting a change now.
Thanks for starting the forums many moons ago...as you can see, they are still going strong!
Take care,

Stuart.

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE:http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk1.htm Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

A2OC Website | 2004 A2OC Competitions

Yes, good to see things are still here, I log in from time to time to catch up.

In some ways I am looking forward to the zaf but will certainly miss the luxary feeling of the A2 :)

David

David

It is a shame that the entry level Audi doesn't always sell the brand to people. I thought that going from SEAT to Audi was a logical step in quality. It didn't happen in my case (like yours) and I went elsewhere.

I still look longingly at an A2 when I see one.....

Good luck and don't leave the forum-your experience is needed by future A2 owners.....

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back