A2 Boot, wheres the Spare Wheel? Help

gbk

Hi mine is a 2001 Y reg, i know it doesnt come with a spare wheel but im sure one of the compartments/mouldings in the boot are missing.

instead of a spare wheel ive got a white tub of something, and im sure when i was sold the veihicle (some time ago now) ther was some kind of white tube, like the ones you get in a push bike wheel, but thats since has disapeared unless i imagines it

please help, ive attached a picture

Last edited:
The space-saver spare wheel was and always has been a no-cpst option at the time of ordering the vehicle from new.

If you opted for the spare wheel, you got it and the bracket and the compressor, but otherwise, you just got a bottle og gunk and the compressor.

Your bottle of gunk is present and correct, it's the white bottle at the bottom of your photo.

The gap to which you refer was for the stand-alone navigation unit (where ordered) or was space for the tv tuner, which was an option for those who had the RND-D fitted.

In a lot of later models, there is a plastic cage already in situ for these items, and also the diversity switch box, for audio systems that needed it.

In your case, I don't think that anything is amiss.

Cheers,

Mike

Heh. I got the Space-Waster wheel and no white gunk, but I'm using the empty spaces to store the reflector jacket I have to wear by law when doing repairs on a public road, an aftermarket bootle of white gunk, a bottle of distilled water for emergency topping up of the cooling system or the windscreen washer, and some other gubbins.

Back