Information A2 Buyer beware !!

true-blue

Just want to try and save a potential buyer some time and hassle if you are intending to view this car :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320428289601&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The interior of this car is absolutely filthy and the car stinks to high heaven of dogs, I nearly passed out when I opened the door:eek:

The seller had made zero effort at all to clean the interior and there were dog hairs all over the place. Seriously though, the smell was so bad I doubt you'd ever get it out. The charcoal material was very dirty and had patches of white and grey..... god knows what ingrained and very dusty!?

It was so bad I think it would be virtually un-cleanable:(

I was very annoyed that the seller described the interior as 'immaculate' as the photo's of the outside of the car suggested it would be. The outside was ok, quite nice but not perfect - couple of dings in the doors etc, small ones.

Luckily he only worked 5 mins from where I live so didn't waste that much of my time.

If you have no sense of smell, don't carry passengers and have a very strong immune system........ this could be the car for you :rolleyes:

The seller had made zero effort at all to clean the interior and there were dog hairs all over the place.
It was so bad I think it would be virtually un-cleanable:(

Lucky escape then!? Its too expensive anyways. Audi interiors can stand up to some serious abuse so I'm sure with elbow grease it would clean up. My friend was going to walk away from a bargain A4 Avant because it was grubby - dog owner again. We have cleaned it up and a couple of shampoos later and a service to the air conditioning which used some deodorant additive - the interior looks and smells almost like new ( barring some stubborn wee white hairs that wont come out of the load area carpet :(
Just cant understand anyone who trys to sell a car at premium money and doesnt prep it for sale. A clean car is always worth an extra few hundred quid :D

Last edited:
some people have no idea how to present a car for sale! a car like that also amkes you wonder what the servicing has been like, equally neglected....? Sounds like it is significantly overpriced............

Luckily I have very large high resolution photo's of the interior and exterior of the sprint blue one - when zoomed in you can see the weave in the seat material........ and it really does look truely immaculate :)

and it really does look truely immaculate :)

It looks pretty good in the low res photos on here, so best of luck with it - you have your heart set methinks - my original wanted list for an A2 included a blue colour.storm high up on the list, so great choice if it all goes to plan !! :D

I think I'm paying a bit over the odds at £6275 but it's a bit of supply and demand coming into play.

There's a nice Dolphin Grey 2005 with 36k just gone on ebay, that one looks very nice too.

read today in autocar the demand for and shortage of good used cars has lead to a rise in values this year.... and good TDi A2's do seem to sell quickly these days.

Mmm, having looked at the ad I'm liking that one a lot and considering it over the blue one as its a year newer - depends what he'd take for it though. Looks very nice in the Grey :)

This appears to be a "special edition" roll out model with "sports" alloys. It depends very much what you are after in terms of specification. It has the climate box ticked, but... a plastic steering wheel vice leather, no chrome finishes around the gear lever and handbrake lever, no interior lighting behind the sun-visors like the SE and no "full" DIS like the sport; nor electric lumber either.

I have an 05 plate "special edition" and I am more than happy enough to own one of the last in the line. I have also lavished enough time and money adding to the basic package and I wouldn't swap it regardless of toys. I am merely pointing out the above as factors for consideration in your purchase.

Whatever you decide - good luck.

Darren

P.S. Dolphin Grey really does look excellent IMHO.

This appears to be a "special edition" roll out model with "sports" alloys. It depends very much what you are after in terms of specification. It has the climate box ticked, but... a plastic steering wheel vice leather, no chrome finishes around the gear lever and handbrake lever, no interior lighting behind the sun-visors like the SE and no "full" DIS like the sport; nor electric lumber either.

I have an 05 plate "special edition" and I am more than happy enough to own one of the last in the line. I have also lavished enough time and money adding to the basic package and I wouldn't swap it regardless of toys. I am merely pointing out the above as factors for consideration in your purchase.

Whatever you decide - good luck.

Darren

P.S. Dolphin Grey really does look excellent IMHO.

Many thanks for that info, useful to know:)

I can always check it over for you. Its out of my price range and im only looking for silver or black.

That would be fantastic if you could, only I'm working to a tight timescale as I'm supposed to be flying to newcastle on Monday morning.

I'll text the chap now with an offer based on you inspecting the car for me and see what he says. :)

Update on the Grey one, seller just phoned me back and said the lowest he'll take for it is £6800.

I've told him that £6500 would be my maximum.

Says he's got someone going to look at it tomorrow but will call me tomorrow after the viewing. He seems very reasonable, polite and friendly and not at all pushy.

I have a feeling he 'may' drop to £6500 if tomorrows viewing doesn't result in a sale.

greya2.jpg

This car now looks favourite, seller has confirmed he'll take £6,500, it's a year newer than the blue one and only 35k miles.

Many thanks for that info, useful to know:)

This car now looks favourite, seller has confirmed he'll take £6,500, it's a year newer than the blue one and only 35k miles.

You're welcome and good luck with the purchase - if indeed you do end up with this very car. And remember, you can always refit a leather wheel and the chrome bits, leather handbrake handle etc... at your leisure. The important thing is to buy a quality car first and foremost.

Cheers,

Darren

You're welcome and good luck with the purchase - if indeed you do end up with this very car. And remember, you can always refit a leather wheel and the chrome bits, leather handbrake handle etc... at your leisure. The important thing is to buy a quality car first and foremost.

Cheers,

Darren

Thanks Darren, Manhattan$ (who says he's extremely fussy himself) is going to view the grey one at 12.00 today on my behalf as it's only 5 miles from him.

I have massive photo's of the sprint blue one and it looks an absolute gem condition wise, but at £6275 with the year newer grey one at £6,500 and looking good from the photo's it seems mad not to check it out.

The Grey one lowered, with the wheels reconditioned and powder coated Satin black would definitely do it for me :D

Having said that, the colourstorm may be more of a collectors item in future years and worth more when the A2 attains 'classic' status - which I'm sure it will.

Back