Not open for further replies.
I have not heard much recently on the planned final date for
A2 production to stop.

Last I heard was the end of 2004

I know the head of VW wants to kill the Lupo and A2

If anyone knows the latest it would be great

I am just wondering when to sell mine

Will be interesting to see after its demise what status the A2 gets

Quirky failure with expensive to repair aluminium body so dont touch it with a barge pole or niche classic for those who adore its cute looks,great quality and rarity value etc

Certainly hope its the latter

My dealer told me that the year 2005 model will be the last revision before its deletion from the range in spring 2005.[29] On asking what would be replacing it, he said that there would be no direct replacement, the nearest being the A3 Sportback. VAG apparently place more importance on larger vehicles, and the introduction of the Pikes Peak MPV in 2005 appears to confirm this.
I ordered a new one anyway, whilst I could!;)

A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!) Soon to be TDi 90 Sport with the full monty and red leather!

In my opinion the A2 is guilty of being ahead of its time. The public does not care for inovation it cant see.
Also VAG made the same mistake with this as with the new Golf. No kit and expensive to start with. IMHO If the basic car had air con and CD player at launch with a start price £500 lower this could have been a winner. They could have put the price up when the waiting list grew. This is what BMW do with the Mini. It looks cheap and drives well. Add some options and they make a big profit.

Just my thoughts

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back