A2 down

Shaun's

image.jpgThe club is an A2 down now. I got hit up the rear from a bmw whilst stuck in traffic. BM hit me at about 50 and although it's a right off it did hold up pretty good and still started despite both ends being stoved in. Only thing I can say is watch out for the handle above door on the right. Bye bye to little blue.

Last edited:
That's a shame to hear but good the car protected you from more serious injury . Will you get another A2?
. Ouch. What handle did you hit your head off?

Last edited:
I will see what the insurance offer me for mine first it only had 71000 on it. The handle just above your head on right side. I'll try and get pics up.

Sorry to hear that Mate, I see that there's a pretty bad wound on your forehead, hope you get better real soon, let us know if we can help.

Sarge

Really sorry to hear, but glad everyone escaped relatively unscathed and that the cars protection integrity stood up to the impact; handle aside. A sad day.

Last edited:
Sorry to read about your incident and injury and loss of your A2. Hope you mend soon.

Being hit at 50 could have been a lot worse. These little A2s seem to be quite robust but sadly today even a small prang means a write off. Wishing you well in recovering maximum from insurance company and that the guy in front claims off the one that hit you!

50 is a big impact, take a couple of days extra to be sure you're ok, just in case of concussion which can be quite variable

Update from insurance. They have offered me £2035 for my 02 1.4 petrol with 71000 on the clock. That's the final offer.

Update from insurance. They have offered me £2035 for my 02 1.4 petrol with 71000 on the clock. That's the final offer.

I think that's not too bad to be honest. How many offers have you rejected ? Have you found similar examples advertised and forwarded these to the insurer? It's been a long time since I dealt with an insurer for a write off thankfully but I rejected 3 offers from them citing service history /mileage / current adverts as evidence of a higher value and I secured what I thought was fair money.

They said another engineer looked and came back with lower quote so that was all they offers me. Same car miles away from me would cost 3 to 4 hundred more. Not happy.

Sorry to hear about your sad news and wish you well for a speedy FULL recovery.

Insurance is a minefield, the offers are often very low. As it was not your fault ensure that compensation is also provided as your premiums will probably go up despite the non fault claim. It pains me when your pride and joy is destroyed by something beyond your control. If there are any nice items on the car its sometimes worth buying back to sell on items to offset the low payment.

I would do as Murdo suggests, find at least 3 adverts of like for like cars and email back advising them to revisit and fight your case. Surely its the BMW insurance that will be footing the bill so get your insurance company to fight your case. This is where glasses / CAP price guides are so unhelpful. I stressed last time I made a claim that they are just that - GUIDES not set in stone.

Good luck and I wish you well in getting this sad state sorted out.

Reactions: sco
Back