A2 Facelift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaine

Past Member
Read in Autocar today that the A2 is due a facelift in Mid 2003.

Has anyone seen any info on the details?

Kaine

----------------------------------------------------------
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie

Yes, I heard that this is going to coincide with the introduction of a 90 bhp version of the TDi engine, and also the availability of tiptronic transmission.

Paul
1.4TDi, leather, Open Sky, BOSE, 6 CD, alu trim, cruise, DIS, etc. etc.

Hello,
90hp TDI is said to be introduced in August to the german market.
Wolfgang

2001 A2 1.4 TDI/black/open sky,sport seats, cruise controll,16" alloys, radio symphony+bose +++

Hi,

Today I spoke with my Audi dealer and he told me the following:

The A2 won't get a facelift, they will add some colors and maybe some accessories but no facelift.

The 1.9 Tdi won't reach the A2 for the simple reason that the engine is end of life. The new A3 will have a 2.0 Tdi engine with some 130 Hp. The 2.0 is too big and strong for the A2. And they claim that it is cheaper to have the 1.4 tdi tuned to 100 bhp then to buy one with a 1.9 tdi with 110hp.

The 1.6 FSI is not available in the netherlands. It would have to be somewhat more expensive then the already not so cheap 1.4 tdi, so the importer (Pon in Leusden) decided not to sell the car in the netherlands.

Oh, and I sat in the new A8. What a car.... The only minor point was the fact that the headroom is a lot less then the A2. But still, it's a hell of a car, very sophisticated looks and yet sportive.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Is there any more substance to this ?

Autocar have had an A2 2003 facelift in their 'whats coming up' page for over a year, and I've yet to see any truth behind it. Initial thought was that it initially referred to the 2003 model update (i.e. FSI spec) and has been left in ever since.

The 90bhp 1.4 tdi spec was sent to the UK dealers 18 months ago at the same time as the 1.6 FSI. However unlike the FSI it never materialized.

I have also heard that in the new A3 there will be a 180hp version of the 4 cyl diesel as well as some version of the A8 integrated MMI system

Dave

1.6SE

German car magazines have been writing about a 90hp TDI A2 (to be introduced in August), too, but I suspect that it will not be a 1.9 rather than a boosted 1.4... we´ll see if that coincides with the rumoured switch to a steel body and a move of the production from Neckarsulm to Ingolstadt..

Bye, Frido

----
A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS, Apple iPod :)

I think the 4car.co.uk website is also claiming that there is to be a facelift to the A2. Then again most car websites/magazines claim that there is to be a new A3 sometime next year, but my local audi dealer refuses to believe that there will be one within the next 18 months, even though production is apparently due to start early next year (according to Autotrader).

Audi seems to be either very good at keeping secrets (we don't know what the new A3 will look like, even though it is apparently soon to go into production), or does not know it's *** from its elbow.

Like the TT, I seriously doubt the A2 will receive a proper facelift. I think engine and equipment updates are the most that will change, and we have had those for 2003. So I don't expect any more until the end of next year. Although, those shed loads of new pre-registered A2s that were at dealers not long ago seem to be drying up. Is this an indication of new things to come, or boosting 2002 sales figures?

Karsci
Judging by the responses I'm getting on trading-in my A2, there are a lot of A2's lying around Norfolk. Many garages don't want to know, and those that do are offering £5k less than the price I paid in September 2002 for my 1.4SE. Oh joy.

And looking on the bright side, I won £10 on the lottery the other day-fanfare playing and bikini clad women were present at the shop where I collected my winnings....not many winners these days then.

Do we think Audi will do a major A2 facelift when there has been press speculation about the A2's future past the current model life?. Maybe a minor nip-and-tuck and a few interior extras and thats your lot I suspect.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Loads of SE models around, not many Sport models. Although, my local dealership has mysteriously disposed of the arm full of A2s they had a month or so ago.

5k in 3 months! Christ! They is extracting the urine. Many nearly new A2 TDI Sport models are being advertised at almost new prices!! Although prices are all over the place - some dealers perhaps trying to artificially maintain higher resale values.

typical of Audi, trying to rip us all off again :)

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

My feelings exactly. I just hope that if I did keep the A2 then depreciation would level out as at that rate of loss, in three years I would have to pay someone to take it off my hands.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

If you look at how many A2's are sold each year (around 6000 in the UK) and compare it to the ford focus for example (around 20000+) the A2 should have a good resale value because of its exclusivity. Audi are just chancing it at the moment by offering less

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back