A2 FAULTS AND THEIR REMEDY

tdiman

Past Member
As a large collection of A2 owners wouldn't it be a good idea to pool our combined knowledge to form some type of data base of faults we have all encountered and the remedial action that was taken by the repairer.
I feel this would provide a useful money saving device as we could all enjoy the benefit of the knowledge gained, especially when you consider the data available from Skipton for a reasonable charge.

A2 TDI Sport Leather, climate control, Bose cruise control

I suggested something similar in the distant past, it would be useful to include the cost of the repair and whether it was dealer or DIY.

Well, whatever the cost of repair, people should know that the standard hourly rate (or part thereof) which Audi charge is £75 + VAT, or £88.13 inc.

So, if your car is out of warranty, you really should look at a good independent garage or think about tackling the smaller jobs yourself.

Things like MAFs (mass airflow sensors) are a prime example - they cause loads of grief, on most VAG cars actually and they are a doddle to change yourself, on no more than 10 minutes, at a cost of less than an hours labour and yes, that does include the cost of the MAF itself!

I daresay it'll be discussed this weekend and we'll then see about implementing some kind of technical database.

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), K&N air filter, all round tinting, all-black headlining and retro-fitted cruise control and GALA.(The NEW Tank).
A215.jpg

- My dashboard squeaked from new. The dealer could never fix it sadly.
- The rear reg number light screws all rusted.
- The service flap release handle didn't always work.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

My Audi dealer charges considerably more than £88 inc per hour, which is why I am not happy. I think there are so many company cars serviced there, and they just pay up, so they charge accordingly.

Will - to cure your first problem, squirt some silicone spray into any panel joints which are squeaking.

To cure your second, go to B&Q and get some stainless self-tapping screws (the little hanging bags - they come in packets of 8). They'll need cutting to length, but a hacksaw, angle grinder or dremel will see to that.

Your 3rd problem is easily solved by the dealer who can adjust and lubricate the mechanism so it opens first time, every time.

Hope that helps.

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), K&N air filter, all round tinting, all-black headlining and retro-fitted cruise control and GALA.(The NEW Tank).
A215.jpg

Thanks Skipton. I'll pass that information over to my mother who nows owns the car.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II. (now sold)

How about a squeak from the rear of the car when going over humps. squeaks more noticable when someone is in the back. Now all this happens only when it rains been going on for over a year still unable to pin point the problem. Squeak goes away when it stays dry. weird or what

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

mmmmm it only squeaks when its wet how does that work if its down to the bench seat

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

I could setup a simple DB on the OC site once the new domains have been transferred.

[img=left]http://www.drn.org/mrbenn-transp.png"[/img=left]

Sounds good to me drn let me know if you require any assistance, I have b****r all Web experience of knowledge though!!

A2 TDI Sport Leather, climate control, Bose cruise control

Back