A2 First 1000 Miles - report

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rspecial

Well our little A2 has now past the 1000 mile mark and we really love the car. We're just starting to push the engine, and for the type of car, its jolly good fun. 0-60 in under 10 seconds is certainly quick enough to hold its own with most cars on the roads, and our car had no trouble cruising at 90 down the M42/M40 to and from the motorshow on Saturday with 4 large adults on board. :D

I really love the interior - it feels like a much more expensive car than it is - dont forget now that price wise the A2 is on par with the VW Polo if you spec the VW to the same level, and I think it blows the Polo away in terms of sheer refinement.

I also noticed that people tend to see the car and think you are going to be trundling around slowly - they pull out in front of you etc - they get quite upset when you comfortably overtake them. The car handles much better than the high mini-MPV look suggests and the 1.6 engine provides enough ooomph.

I'm also really pleased with both the build quality and the service from Audi. We've had 2 trivial faults so far (dodgy spring on rear sear attachment and service module not opening). The first was fixed by leaving the car at the dealer for a day and it came back immaculately valeted - including inside whilst we got an A4 to use for the day. The second fault was fixed in 2 minutes whilst my wife waited in the comfy waiting area (free drinks and croissants :D).

I'm totally converted to Audi now especially after such a bad time with BMW. We're getting an A4 1.8T in a couple of weeks time. Now I'm trying to persuade my wife that the TT Roadster would make a great weekend car...

- Alex

A2 1.6 FSI SE

I'm glad that the A2 is working out well - but would be wary of putting all your eggs in one basket - although I accept that good dealers are few and far between.

Alex,

Yes of course there is no comparison between an A2 an a Polo. Regarding acceleration I think with your low mileage it’s a bit early to conduct a test, but I would be interested in hearing from you (or anyone) that has actually timed 0 to 60mph.

Btw, I love the new A4, but although the styling is not so good I believe the Avant (estate) makes for a better practical vehicle – and is nicer looking than any Mercedes.

Regards
John Disdale

Alex,

I've done just over 1,000 miles in mine and the engine really seems to have loosened up nicely. At first acceleration seemed a little more laboured than I expected - even allowing for the relatively gentle treatment of the throttle - but now the car picks-up well. Who knows, it may get faster yet.

JR

A2 1.6 FSI, Cobalt blue, OpenSky, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back