A2 Fsi Engine Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nfz

Got a new A2 1.6 fsi sport back in october engine management light came on after 5 mins driving, engine felt completely flat. Dealer said part called petentiometer needed replaced, this was done no change. The engine sounds like a diesel when started and when running sounds very tin like as if there is a problem with the exhaust, no performance what so ever very slow to pull away put your foot on the accelerator and theres a delay before it goes. Am I the only one, has anyone else had similar problems with the fsi?

Hi there and welcome to the A2 forum! I too have a 1.6 Fsi which I've been enjoying for the past two months or so. I have some sympathy with what you are going through and have experienced some of the same symptoms.

The first few journeys I really noticed the lack of pull away from a standing start. It almost caught me out a few times but now I'm used to it it's just another part of the cars character. You will get used to it! Partly I think it's due to the gearing in first which feels very high, and partly due to the characteristics of the engine and the fact that the butterfly valve hasn't opened and the engine is in 'economy' mode at low rev's.

Yes - it does feel and sometimes drive like a diesel - but in many ways it is a diesel but using petrol instead of oil. Once you get that basic fact into focus then everything else begins to make sense.

I have to say I'm well pleased with the performance and the economy which after less than 2000 miles is running at 41 mpg (and no I don't spare the horses ;)) running on 100% Shell Optimax. So far my gripes about the car are very few and certainly less than there were with previous cars. I think the car has an interesting character and one that's virtually unique on the road - therefore I love it to bits!

Just wish a few more owners would wave back when I flash or wave at them - miserable gits :(

Take Care

Kit

Dolphin Grey 1.6 FSI SE with Red Leather, ECC, DIS & Symphony 6 CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back