• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrew simmons

hi guys
Sorry but the A2 has gone.
Have had it with the dealers and the car
Dealers are rubbish and the car has it own problems aspecially with tyre wear, but just got fed up!!
So now getting a Seat Leon 1.9 SE TDI (Onvi yellow) sport suspension and sports seats very nice!!

Can i still be part of the club and still come to the socials.[16][21]

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the A2 is a great car but i think there are some gremelins in my car!! better to let it go now before i start shelling out for bigger repairs.

Sorrrrrrrry!!

cheers

Andy

A.D.Simmons

Wow, that is a shock!
I'm sorry to hear that it is the end of the road for you.
Of course you can still be in the club and forum, we'll soon have to create a separate parking area for ex-A2 owners at socials - for you, Runboy and Jon.Od!

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

New A2OC Website!

I'm planning a cardboard style cover in the shape of an A2 so I can slip it over my Corolla and then attend socials without anyone knowing......

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

I'm sorry to hear that....

but what was your problems with tyre wear?

Basically!!
i think i have got tired of taking my A2 in for various parts such as wiring, drop links on the suspension, intermittant faults and then i think the tyre wear has always been an issue.
But Audi sevice is just not good enorgh considering you are paying alot of money for this car.
I think after getting all the faults i have had on the A2 i just got tired of trying to remedy them all and trying to get a perfect car.
Sorry!!
But i feel cheated out of enjoying the car and these parts are not cheap and i just think as my car gets older there might be more faults but more serious and the car will then be out of warranty so become increasely expensive.
The car itself is still great but needs alot of care!!

Cheers

andy[21][16]:([?]

A.D.Simmons

Sorry to hear you're leaving A2 ownership but look forward to seeing you at Castle Coombe perhaps, in September.

Best wishes
Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

[8D]
And me!

[37]

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
A2 1.4 SE TDI replaced with A3 2.0TDI DSG, the transmission of the future - today.

no probs
i will see you all there !![24]

cheers guys

see you soon

andy.

A.D.Simmons

Well Andy obviously had a lousy agent as well as a Friday afternoon car (or maybe he really maltreated it...?) Having now had two A2's (A 1.4SE -44K miles up to 73K, now a 1.6FSI Sport - 28k now 33K and ongoing) both bought s/h, both had same previous owner (who had bought every extra in the catalogue, on both cars!) I can truly say that I have had very little trouble in comparison to previous experience with non-Audi's: On the 1.4: accelerator relay(?) changed in one hour - electric window winder relay - same fix-it time, starter motor worn dog - whole motor changed : all under warrantee with the utmost courtesy and efficiency. On seperate ocassions,two front tyres that were beyond repair due to position of punctures, were acquired within 24hours. The FOUR windscreen that I had over eighteen months (three edge cracks from stones one massive pheasant attack - see photos on other club web site - were each fitted promptly and without major glass all over the car interior (exception being the pheasant - even that wasn't bad afterwards). Nothing so far on 1.6. All this from my local Audi agents - Listers in Stratford-on-Avon, who I cannot praise too highly for courtesy, efficiency and basic good manners - and their mechanics know what they are talking about, and don't bullsh*t. Costs wer reasonable and when the 1.4 got to 70,000 I was able to negotiate a further years extension to the warrantee for under £400 (which considering I was doing over 25000 miles a year in it, seemed a good deal) I traded it in shortly after for the 1.6FSI and again got a fair price against the newer car. So not all dealers are bad and Listers Stratford are better than most. And I am only a customer not a share-holder!! Suggest that Andy moves to Warwickshire!
Incidently "AUDI DRIVER" seems to have caught the 'bad public relations' bug from Audi: following the call from Stuart to provide last-minute owners experiences for their recent write-up on the A2, (I even provided two of the photos) I had to go and BUY a copy of my own interview. And the article was a bit economical on the service record!) Such is the modern world!

ah!! well done for getting a good agent.
i'll Think about moving to warwichshire!!
I wonder who will get my Audi next and if they will come onto this forum asking questions!!

cheers

Andy simmons (A2 gone but much loved)

A.D.Simmons

Andy - maybe you should leave a club flyer taped to the top of the glove box or something!! Wouldn't it be interesting for you to chat to the next owner here?

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

New A2OC Website!

ah yes did'nt think of that
probably being sold either at Lancaster Audi in trafford park of Smith Knight Fay in stockport.
Maybe can slip it onto the dash when no-one is looking.

andy

A.D.Simmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back