A2 Headlamp Protectors

Hi there - has anyone out there fitted headlight protectors to their A2 - how do they fit (do you have to drill any holes ) . I have bought a secondhand set but I don,t have any fitting instructions? I know it sounds easy but I don,t want to drill any unwanted holes in the headlights and let in moisture . A photo would be nice if available

Scimmyowner

Not seen the A2 ones myself but normally these things are a stick on job. 4 little adhesive pads, one in each corner. sounds like your 2nd hand ones are missing the adhesive.

Headlamp protectors

JimbobA2TDiSport said:
Not seen the A2 ones myself but normally these things are a stick on job. 4 little adhesive pads, one in each corner. sounds like your 2nd hand ones are missing the adhesive.

No adhesive pads - the official protectors have built in clear buffers on the inside where they meet the original glass plus a metal bracket on the top face . It is how this bracket fits to the body that I am unsure of. Has anyone got these fitted - a photo would be nice

Scimmyowner

exterior

They fit with a screw on top with a rubber washer, there is no other fixing on mine. No drilling , it's an existing hole. It's a bit cold and dark to look right now and it's hospital (chemo) for me for the next 2 days, if you havent worked it out by then I'll see what I can do to clarify the fixing.

Thanks for info - I will look again on the weekend - any further information / pictures would be gratefully accepted

Scimmyowner

Thats me well and truely corrected. I had a pair of the stick on ones (on a different car) and was never happy with them being 100% secure. might be tempted now I know this though.

JimbobA2TDiSport said:
Thats me well and truely corrected. I had a pair of the stick on ones (on a different car) and was never happy with them being 100% secure. might be tempted now I know this though.

Thanks for your help - I didn,t mean to correct you - any help is appreciated - if your interested these protectors are available for £39 from Stafford Audi via Ebay brand new

Regards David

Wasn't offended. merely wrong as I am frequently :) Has anybody got any decent pictures of these fitted? (I'm at work and Ebay is blocked on our servers)

Back