A2 Hints and tips

runboy

Anybody got any interesting facts or tips (A2 related of course!) they wish to share with other A2 owners? If we get enough maybe we can set up a permanent FAQ section or suchlike.

We seem to have a steady stream of new readers so to have something permanent would be nice.

Get posting [35]

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

I hate to be the one to torpedo a good initiatif (sp ?). But wasn't there something similair on the website ??

Anyway :

The diesel version is factory equipped with a Webasto Pre-Heater
The diesel has a straight gearknob where the petrol has a tilted one
Isolating the compartiment above the interiorlights greatly reduces interior noise.
The diesel has an impressive 80 Ah battery so feel free to jumpstart that neighbour !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Denis, can you explain the third of these a little more. When you say 'isolate' do you mean take it apart and shove insulation inside? Or am I just being stupid?

Please, let me know, if you would.

Thanks!

James

quote:Originally posted by Jaffa

Denis, can you explain the third of these a little more. When you say 'isolate' do you mean take it apart and shove insulation inside? Or am I just being stupid?

No, you're right.

When it rains the A2 sounds like a trailer. So I removed the interiorlights and stuffed it full with isolation.
There is no isolation under it, beneath the backplane of the light is the roof.
So I isolated it and I also stuffed some under the suncreenvisors (accessible when the interior light backplane is removed.
The rain sounds less noisy then before !

I tried it with the rear interior lights but there wasn't enough space since my A2 is fitted with a telephon antenna on the roof.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Back