A2 Newbie

Rickvan

A2OC Donor
Hi
I've just purchased my first A2 yesterday, after a fair bit of research on here. image.jpg
I ended up getting this one as it was the tidiest I looked at within budget and it was nicely spec'd including DIS. It also has a broken sky roof :( but it does let in lots of light and does appear to be properly locked closed. I went for a TDI as it will be used for my 40 mile commute to save the miles on my T4 Caravelle.

Mark

Fantastic !!

Welcome and please do feel free to post and ask as many questions as you want !!!

Have fun!!!!

Steve B

Welcome Mark
I personally think yours is one of the nicest colours for the A2. I had a 4 seater petrol a number of years ago but the third child meant it had to go to a friend who still has it.
Let's see more pictures please

My dream car combo, an A2 TDI and a VW caravelle. Shame I can't convince the Mrs that its not just a van. Welcome!!

I did 150 miles in the new car yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Did a nice mix of roads and was impressed at how well the A2 handles, even with the pick and mix tyres that are currently on it.
I spent a couple of hours today doing little repair jobs on it. I got the stereo buttons swapped for some unworn ones, made a bodge to get the alarm disable switch working for now, and took apart a donor climate control unit to rob the buttons. I've just got to muster the courage to take apart the one in the car now to get them fitted.

Thanks for that. I was hoping to salvage my old buttons to then pop into the donor unit to flog on, but it's probably a better idea not to risk damaging my car's CC.

Thanks for the tip Steve. I managed to get all the buttons off with the CC unit in situ, and all without damage too. :)

Back