A2 Owners Drive **CANCELLED**

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
Hi folks,

I'm looking for support for an A2OC A2 Owners Drive (A2OD) - a group drive from Blackheath to Canterbury along the A2 in the summer. And given that the A2 starts in Dover - perhaps some of our overseas members could make it along too.

This is very much a family social event - a chance for us to involve our partners and family in our A2 obessions. We could head up to Whitstable or Herne Bay aftwards for some family seaside activities. (GrayB - you're in that area - perhaps you can suggest some local attractions)

Since it'd just be A2OC folk - we can be pretty flexible about dates. Here are some for starters:

June: 3/4 10/11 24/25
July: 1/2 8/9 15/16 22 (start of the Whitstable Oyster Festival)

Let us know if you are interested?

Ben.

Last edited:
Places of interest might be:

Blackheath / Greenwich Park
Rochester Castle or Dickens Museum
Faversham - historic town or Shepherd Neame brewery :D
Whitstable - though this is not strictly on the A2, it's on the Thanet Way
Canterbury - again, not quite on the A2
Some pretty villages not far off the A2 in the down behind Dover
Dover - White Cliffs centre and castle

We might be interested in at least part of the run - though probably not in the middle/end July as we will be preparing to tie the knot!

I/we should be free.
I like the sound of A2's lined up along the coast somewhere - should get some nice piccies. Herne Bay has parking all along the front - just a shame it's usually all taken.

I Think thats a fantastic idea wish id thought of it
should be a good day out that will get us noticed
lets hope we can get a good turnout
Never driven on the A2 before or for that
matter that part of the UK Im up for it !!!!

wooly A2 said:
Never driven on the A2 before or for that
matter that part of the UK Im up for it !!!!
A lot of the A2 road is not that scenic! Not quite like Chapman Drive south of Cape Town..... ;)

Stuart's dream was to one day get 30 A2's together what a traffic jam that would cause this could just be the big one if we can all get motivated GraemeB are there any good places on that root for us all to park and have an opportunity to do a photoshoot .....
Perhaps stop for a picnic or something .....

I'm afraid I dont know the route intimately. I spend more time in mid-kent and sussex nowadays. It probably depends where you want to start from and how long you want to drive before stopping for picnic & / or photo shoot.

I can ask around about Rochester Castle perhaps - this would probably be ok if you start from Blackheath. However, I dont know how enjoyable the drive through South London on a dual carriage way would be. I would think that there might be better picnic possibilities when you get further east. I will give it some thought and ask friends who live nearer to North Kent.

Graeme.

Thought i would refresh this thread see if we can get some more interest up now summer is approaching ........

Ok - I have added it into the diary for Sun June 25 - get your diaries out and cancel whatever else you are up to!

Ben.

A2 owners drive

I'll try to attend, date will be important though. The initial drive from Blackheath would be tedious. A meet further down, say Dartford tunnel would be easier. Having said that, the A2 is not the most scenic or pleasant route, full of heavy lorries heading for the port.

I'm happy for us to come up with a route somewhere more pleasant around there - so long as we hit the A2 at some point - if only for the photo opportunity of a bunch of A2s on the A2.

Perhaps some of the locals members can have a think.

I Dont know how people feel about this but have just posted an idea
for a social at Brands Hatch which is on the 1st+2nd of July the A2 Drive
Practically runs past or near Brands Hatch
just had a thought if we did the

Drive on the A2 on the 1st July
then a lot of people may like to attend the
DTM race at Brands on the 2nd July....

This really would make for a great weekend for us
Audi enthusiasts ..........

JUST AN IDEA !!!!!!

Back