A2 parts availability problems at Audi dealers

lyndonbuck

Just ordered a new fron fog light at Audi Basingstoke (they're much nicer than Reading Audi so I go there instead) and the parts man said that there is a problem with supply of many A2 parts at the moment - he didn't know why or for how long it would last - but i thought it was worth mentioning as it could mean delays in delivery to dealers.

A lot of the supply problems are due to the ramping up of R8 production at Neckarsulm, which still looks after the manufacture of a lot of body parts.

The other reason is that Audi is now concentrating on getting a healthy parts stock for its new and more recent models: the TT and TTr, Q7 and A5. As the A2 is now out of production, we get the short end of the stick unfortunately!

There was also talk about outsourcing all A2 parts to the Skoda network at some point, so this may have an effect too.

Cheers,

Mike

Looks like A2 spare parts might be hard to find soon then - apparently they only have 18 offside front fogs left at the factory, don't know whether they are the same as any other Audis. I stopped buying Japanese cars after I realised that once your car is 2 generations old (ie about 10 - 12 years) they won't make new parts. A pair of seized brake calipers virtually wrote off one of my old Supras.

Coils...

i've been told that there is a shortage of coils...

something about problems at the factory...

anyone know where to find some?

What about Euro Car Parts or German, Swedish & French - they might be able to get some? I guess Vagparts get their stuff from the dealer network, but if you know who make them - Bosch? - you could try direct. I noticed that the fog lamps are ZKW who make some BMW lamps - and they are half the price when not bought from dealers.

Throughout my motor-trade career, I was always under the impression that manufacturers were obliged to service parts for 10 years after production ended. Temporary shortages excluded.

In reality, one of the first things to go is interior trim. But otherwise, there should be a constant supply for the remainder.

Only time will tell, especially for aluminium panel work.

Back